INDICATORSPregnancy:D Lactation:L3 Lab:NA Food:NA
Fever, following coronary bypass surgery, headache, inflammation, ischaemic event (unstable angina, myocardial infarction), mild to moderate pain, myocardial infarction, myocardial infarction prophylaxis, pain and inflammation (in rheumatic disease, in other musculoskeletal disorders)
Urticaria, GI bleeding, rhinitis, angioneurotic edema, hepatitis, hepatomegaly, coma, acidosis, hyperthermia, volume depletion, hyperglycemia, renal failure, hyperventilation, cardiovascular collapse, vertigo, tinnitus, hyperkalemia.
Alcohol, corticosteroids, analgin, phenylbutazone and oxyphenbutazone may increase risk of GI ulceration. Aspirin increases phenytoin levels. May antagonize actions of uricosurics and spironolactone.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Aspirin is an analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic. It inhibits cyclooxygenase, which is responsible for the synthesis of prostaglandin and thromboxane. It also inhibits platelet aggregation.
INDICATORSPregnancy:D Lactation:L5 Lab:NA Food:NA
Reduction of athero-sclerotic events (MI, stroke, and vascular death) in patients with atherosclerosis documented by recent stroke, recent MI or established peripheral arterial disease.
Nausea, stomach upset, skin rash, acute toxicity.
The combination of clopidogrel with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil, Nuprin),naproxen (Naprosyn, Aleve), diclofenac (Voltaren), etodolac (Lodine),nabumetone (Relafen), fenoprofen (Nalfon), flurbiprofen (Ansaid),indomethacin (Indocin), ketoprofen (Orudis; Oruvail), oxaprozin (Daypro),piroxicam (Feldene), sulindac (Clinoril), tolmetin (Tolectin), and mefenamic acid (Ponstel) may increase the risk of stomach and intestinal bleeding.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Clopidogrel bisulfate is an anti-platelet drug, that is, a drug that inhibits the ability of platelets to clump together as part of a blood clot. Clopidogrel prevents blood clots by irreversibly binding to the P2Y12 receptor on platelets, preventing adenosine diphosphate (ADP) from activating platelets. It belongs to a class of drugs called P2Y12 inhibitors. Other drugs in this class include ticagrelor (Brilinta) and prasugrel (Effient). Clopidogrel is similar to ticlopidine (Ticlid) in chemical structure and in the way it works. Unlike ticlopidine, clopidogrel bisulfate does not cause serious reductions of white cells in the blood and, therefore, routine blood testing to determine if the white blood cell count is low is not necessary during treatment. The risk of heart attacks and strokes (which usually are caused by blood clots) is increased in patients with a recent history of strokeor heart attack, and patients with peripheral vascular disease. (Peripheral vascular disease is the same as atherosclerotic arterial disease or "hardening" of the arteries in which the arteries become narrowed. It frequently occurs in the legs and often causes claudication or pain in the legs upon walking.) Clopidogrel bisulfate is used to reduce the risk of heart attacks and strokes in these patients.
- StarclopA(100 Capsule in Capsule)Zinnia Life SciencesRs. 0.34/CapsuleRs.34.10save 89%
- Myogrel Ap (75Mg)(6 Capsule in Capsule)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd.Rs. 2.86/CapsuleRs.17.16save 11%
- Combiplet(10 Capsules in Capsule)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.Rs. 2.87/CapsuleRs.28.66save 10%
- CeruvinA(10 Capsules in Capsule)Ranbaxy Laboratories LtdRs. 2.88/CapsuleRs.28.84save 10%
- Antiban Asp (75mg)(10 Capsules in Capsule)Blue Cross Laboratories LtdRs. 2.90/CapsuleRs.29save 9%
- Plagerine A Capsule(10 Capsule in Capsule)MicrovisionRs. 2.91/CapsuleRs.29.09save 9%
- Plagril A Caps(10 Capsule in Capsule)Dr Reddy Laboratories LtdRs. 2.95/CapsuleRs.29.50save 8%
- Synplatt 75(10 Capsules in Capsule)FDC LimitedRs. 2.97/CapsuleRs.29.70save 7%
- Synplatt (150mg)(10 Capsules in Capsule)FDC LimitedRs. 3.02/CapsuleRs.30.25save 5%
- Clopilet A (75mg)(10 Capsules in Capsule)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.Rs. 3.16/CapsuleRs.31.60save 1%