INDICATORSPregnancy:B Lactation:L4 Lab:NA Food:NA
Respiratory tract infections. Uncomplicated gonorrhoea. Otitis media. Meningitis, Prophylaxis of surgical infections. Susceptible infections.
Pseudomembranous colitis, urticaria, thrombocytopenia, hemolytic anemia, skin rashes, serum sickness, hypersensitivity reactions, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, urticaria, pruritus, jaundice, skin rash, pseudomembranous colitis, elevation of liver enzymes, drug fever.
Cefuroxime is known to interact with other drugs like probenecid.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Cefuroxime, like the penicillins, is a beta-lactam antibiotic. By binding to specific penicillin-binding proteins located inside the bacterial cell wall, it inhibits the third and last stage of bacterial cell wall synthesis. Cell lysis is then mediated by bacterial cell wall autolytic enzymes such as autolysins, it is possible that cefuroxime interferes with an autolysin inhibitor.
- C Furo (125 Mg)(1 Unit in Syrup)Hetero Healthcare LtdRs. 69/SyrupRs.69save 58%
- Zefu Dry (125Mg)(1 Unit in Syrup)FDC LimitedRs. 99/SyrupRs.99save 40%
- Axacef (125 Mg)(1 Unit in Syrup)Medreich Saimirra LtdRs. 115/SyrupRs.115save 30%
- Cetil Dry (125Mg)(1 Unit in Syrup)Lupin Laboratories LtdRs. 120/SyrupRs.120save 27%
- Fastclav (125 Mg)(1 Unit in Syrup)IPCA Laboratories LtdRs. 133/SyrupRs.133save 19%
- Zocef Dry Syrup(1 Unit in Syrup)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 138/SyrupRs.138save 16%