Zenflox Plus (200mg)
INDICATORSPregnancy:B Lactation:L3 Lab:NA Food:NA
Infections of respiratory, urinary and biliary tract. Salmonella infection.
Pseudomembranous colitis, thrombocytopenia, thrombophlebitis, leucopenia, seizures, flatulence, dizziness, headache, nausea, vomiting, anorexia, diarrhea, abdominal pain, urticaria, pruritus, dyspepsia, hypersensitivity.
Probenecid may increase the blood concentration of cefixime by decreasing removal of cefixime by the kidney. May increase prothrombin time with anticoagulants.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Cefixime binds to specific penicillin-binding proteins (PBPs) located inside the bacterial cell wall, causing the inhibition of the third and last stage of bacterial cell wall synthesis. Cell lysis is then mediated by bacterial cell wall autolytic enzymes such as autolysins; it is possible that cefixime interferes with an autolysin inhibitor.
INDICATORSPregnancy:C Lactation:L5 Lab:NA Food:NA
Genito urinary, respiratory, gastro intestinal. skin and soft tissue infections. Peritonitis, Gonorrhoea. Typhoid fever, Multi drug resistant tuberculosis. Acute and sub-acute eye and ear infections.
Sinus tachycardia, hallucinations, stevens johnson syndrome, seizures, tendon rupture, dizziness, headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, insomnia, abdominal pain, pruritus, photosensitivity.
Ofloxacin is known to interact with other drugs like aluminium hydroxide and oxide, didanosine, iron Salts, pentostatin, probenecid, procainamide (HCl), sucralfate, theophylline. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Ofloxacin acts on DNA gyrase and toposiomerase IV, enzymes which, like human topoisomerase, prevents the excessive supercoiling of DNA during replication or transcription. By inhibiting their function, the drug thereby inhibits normal cell division.
- Milixim O(10 Tablets in Tablet)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 8.75/TabletRs.87.50save 3%
- Orfix O(10 Tablets in Tablet)Mano PharmaceuticalsPvt. Ltd.Rs. 9.50/TabletRs.95save -6%
- Hifen 200 Plus Tab(10 Tablets in Tablet)HETERO DRUGS LTD.Rs. 9.90/TabletRs.99save -10%
- Extacef Plus 200 Dt(10 Tablets in Tablet)Blue Cross Laboratories LtdRs. 9.90/TabletRs.99save -10%
- Office 200Mg Tab(10 Tablets in Tablet)HETERO DRUGS LTD.Rs. 9.90/TabletRs.99save -10%
- Hifen Plus (200 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Hetero Healthcare LtdRs. 9.90/TabletRs.99save -10%
- Cefolac O 200Mg Tab(10 Tablets in Tablet)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd.Rs. 9.99/TabletRs.99.90save -11%
- Oflomac Cx (200mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd.Rs. 9.99/TabletRs.99.90save -11%
- Topcef O (200mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (Prima)Rs. 11/TabletRs.110save -22%
- Cefocef Plus(10 Tablets in Tablet)Centaur Laboratories Pvt. Ltd.Rs. 11.50/TabletRs.115save -28%