Wysolone (5 Mg)
SALT INFORMATIONPrednisolone(5 mg)
INDICATORSPregnancy:D Lactation:L5 Lab:NA Food:NA
Adrenal insufficiency, Asthma, Blood malignancies, Connective tissue diseases, Liver diseases, Ocular diseases, Renal diseases, Respiratory disease, Suppression of inflammatory and allergic disorders.
On long term use Cushing's syndrome and growth retardation in childn; osteoporosis, fractures. Peptic ulceration; glaucoma, cataract may occur.
Rifampin decreases blood levels of prednisolone by increasing its breakdown in the liver. The dose of prednisolone may need to be increased in order to avoid therapeutic failure. Corticosteroids have variable effects of warfarin (Coumadin) therapy. Coagulation levels should be monitored more closely when anticoagulants are combined with corticosteroids. Estrogens may increase the levels of prednisolone by decreasing its breakdown. When estrogens are used with prednisolone, side effects of prednisolone should be monitored.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Glucocorticoids such as Prednisolone can inhibit leukocyte infiltration at the site of inflammation, interfere with mediators of inflammatory response, and suppress humoral immune responses. The antiinflammatory actions of glucocorticoids are thought to involve phospholipase A2 inhibitory proteins, lipocortins, which control the biosynthesis of potent mediators of inflammation such as prostaglandins and leukotrienes. Prednisolone reduces inflammatory reaction by limiting the capillary dilatation and permeability of the vascular structures. These compounds restrict the accumulation of polymorphonuclear leukocytes and macrophages and reduce the release of vasoactive kinins.
- Raycort (5 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Remedy HealthcareRs. 0.10/TabletRs.1save 78%
- Solon (5 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Lapo PharmaRs. 0.20/TabletRs.2save 57%
- Pred (5 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Healers LabRs. 0.36/TabletRs.3.58save 22%
- Novapred (5 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Kind Care PharmaceuticalsRs. 0.36/TabletRs.3.62save 21%
- Delsone (5 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Psychotropics India LimitedRs. 0.36/TabletRs.3.65save 21%
- Acticort (5 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Overseas Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 0.37/TabletRs.3.72save 19%
- Hostacortin H (5 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Aventis Pharma India LtdRs. 0.38/TabletRs.3.82save 17%
- Prednij (5 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Sunij Pharma Pvt LtdRs. 0.39/TabletRs.3.87save 16%
- Monocortil (5 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Marc Laboratories Pvt. Ltd.Rs. 0.39/TabletRs.3.85save 16%
- Preslone (5 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Kentreck Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 0.39/TabletRs.3.87save 16%