Elmecob (1000 Mcg)
SALT INFORMATIONMecobalamine(500 mcg)
INDICATORSPregnancy:C Lactation:L3 Lab:NA Food:NA
Peripheral neuropathy, megaloblastic anaemia, and as a preliminary treatment for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
Anorexia, nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea, rash, headache, hot sensation, diaphoresis and pain or induration at IM injection site.
Methylcobalamin is known to interact with other drugs like neomycin, aminosalicylic acid, H2-blockers and colchicine. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Methylcobalamin is the neurologically active form of vitamin B12 and occurs as a water-soluble vitamin in the body. It is a cofactor in the enzyme methionine synthase, which functions to transfer methyl groups for the regeneration of methionine from homocysteine. In anaemia, it increases erythrocyte production by promoting nucleic acid synthesis in the bone marrow and by promoting maturation and division of erythrocytes.
- Chiny (1000 Mcg)(2 ml in Injection)Afive (Positif Life Sciences)Rs. 5.80/InjectionRs.5.80save 50%
- Novomine (500 Mcg)(1 Unit in Injection)Novogen Captab Biotec (Novo Nordisk Pharma India Ltd)Rs. 6/InjectionRs.6save 48%
- Meconeuron (500 Mcg)(1 Unit in Injection)Pulse Parmaceuticals Pvt.Ltd.Rs. 6.30/InjectionRs.6.30save 45%
- Vitcobin (500 Mcg)(1 Unit in Injection)FDC LimitedRs. 6.50/InjectionRs.6.50save 44%
- Meconerv (500 Mcg)(1 Unit in Injection)Micro Labs LtdRs. 6.75/InjectionRs.67.50save 42%
- Reco M (500 Mcg)(1 Unit in Injection)Reco DrugsRs. 8/InjectionRs.8save 31%
- Mecobal( 500Mcg ) (1Ml)(1 Unit in Injection)Rapross Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 9/InjectionRs.9save 22%
- Acvit 12 (500 Mcg)(1 Unit in Injection)Unimarck Pharma (India) LimitedRs. 9.50/InjectionRs.9.50save 18%
- Logy (500 Mcg)(1 Unit in Injection)Sienna Formulations Pvt Ltd.Rs. 9.50/InjectionRs.9.50save 18%
- Neuropet (500 Mcg)(1 Unit in Injection)Techyon Biotech (P) LimitedRs. 9.99/InjectionRs.9.99save 14%