Rabiplus (20 Mg)
SALT INFORMATIONRabeprazole.(20 mg)
INDICATORSPregnancy:C Lactation:L5 Lab:NA Food:NA
Benign gastric and peptic ulcer. Erosive of ulcerative gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD). Acid peptic disease.
Nausea, stomach upset, skin rash, acute toxicity.
There have been reports of an increase in the effect of the blood thinner, warfarin (Coumadin), by rabeprazole which theoretically could lead to increased bleeding. Patients taking warfarin should be monitored more frequently if they begin taking rabeprazole. Rabeprazole may reduce the elimination of cyclosporin in the liver, thereby increasing cyclosporin levels in the blood and potentially leading to cyclosporin toxicity. The absorption of certain drugs may be affected by changes in stomach acidity. Rabeprazole and other PPIs that reduce stomach acid reduce the absorption and concentration in blood ofketoconazole (Nizoral) and increase the absorption and concentration in blood of digoxin (Lanoxin). This may lead to reduced effectiveness of ketoconazole or increased digoxin toxicity, respectively. PPIs may decrease blood levels of atazanavir (Reyataz).
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Rabeprazole is an oral drug that is used for the treatment of conditions caused by acid. It is in a class of drugs called proton pump inhibitors or PPIs which block the production of acid by the stomach. Other drugs in the same class include lansoprazole (Prevacid),omeprazole (Prilosec), pantoprazole (Protonix), esomeprazole (Nexium), and dexlansoprazole (Dexilant). PPIs are used for the treatment of acid-caused conditions such as stomach and duodenal ulcers, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome. Rabeprazole, like other PPIs, blocks the pump in the wall of the stomach that secretes acid into the stomach. By blocking the pump, the secretion of acid into the stomach is decreased, and this allows ulcers in the stomach and esophagus to heal. The FDA approved rabeprazole in August 1999.
- R Rd (20Mg)(10 Capsules in Capsule)Blue Cross Laboratories LtdRs. 2.90/CapsuleRs.29save 63%
- Vippi (20 Mg)(10 Capsules in Capsule)Vaishali Pharmaceuticals.Rs. 3.25/CapsuleRs.32.50save 58%
- Rabitage (20 Mg)(10 Capsules in Capsule)MedizoneRs. 3.80/CapsuleRs.38save 51%
- Rebest (20 Mg)(10 Capsules in Capsule)Ester FormulationsRs. 3.90/CapsuleRs.39save 50%
- Rabpra (20 Mg)(10 Capsules in Capsule)Techyon Biotech (P) LimitedRs. 3.90/CapsuleRs.39save 50%
- Orbazol (20 Mg)(10 Capsules in Capsule)Oirpil BiotechRs. 4/CapsuleRs.40save 48%
- Rabcap (20 Mg)(10 Capsules in Capsule)Pharma Drugs & ChemicalsRs. 4.75/CapsuleRs.47.50save 39%
- Viorab (20 Mg)(10 Capsules in Capsule)Devbhoomi PharmaceuticalsRs. 4.90/CapsuleRs.49save 37%
- Acera (20 Mg)(10 Capsules in Capsule)IPCA Laboratories LtdRs. 5/CapsuleRs.50save 35%
- Atpase (20 Mg)(10 Capsules in Capsule)Plenteous Pharmaceuticals Ltd.Rs. 5/CapsuleRs.50save 35%