Reglide (1 Mg)
SALT INFORMATIONRepaglinide(1 mg)
INDICATORSPregnancy:C Lactation:L4 Lab:NA Food:NA
Type II diabetes mellitus.
Headache, Diarrhea, Anaphylactoid reactions, Constipation, Allergy, Nausea and vomiting, Thrombocytopenia, Chest pain, Bronchitis.
Repaglinide is metabolized (eliminated) in the liver by an enzyme called CYP3A4. Drugs that affect this enzyme may affect the blood levels of repaglinide and thus alter its glucose lowering effect. The metabolism of repaglinide may be prevented by ketoconazole (Nizoral),itraconazole (Sporanox), fluconazole (Diflucan), erythromycin (Ery-Tab), andclarithromycin (Biaxin). As a result, blood levels of repaglinide rise and there is an enhanced glucose-lowering effect. Dangerous hypoglycemic (very low blood glucose) reactions could occur. On the other hand, the elimination of repaglinide may be increased with drugs that increase levels of CYP3A4 in the liver, such as barbiturates, carbamazepine (Tegretol), and rifampin (Rifadin). This can result in lower blood levels of repaglinide andhyperglycemia (high blood glucose).
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Repaglinide stimulates release of insulin from pancreatic ?-cells by inhibiting K efflux via closure of ATP regulated K channels. This results in depolarization of the cell and opening of voltage-dependent Ca channels, which increases influx of Ca into the beta cells and causes release of insulin.
- Repa (1 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 3.90/TabletRs.39save 59%
- Page (1 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Diabetes (Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd.)Rs. 4.18/TabletRs.41.80save 56%
- Q Repa (1 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Q Check Speciality CareRs. 4.70/TabletRs.47save 51%
- Repide (1 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Wallace Pharmaceuticals Ltd.Rs. 4.80/TabletRs.48save 49%
- Regan (1 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Ranbaxy Laboratories LtdRs. 4.80/TabletRs.48save 49%
- Rapilin (1 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.Rs. 5.60/TabletRs.56save 41%
- Repamon (1 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Klintoz Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 5.76/TabletRs.57.63save 39%
- Restrict (1 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)East West PharmaRs. 7.89/TabletRs.78.90save 17%
- Eurepa (1 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 9.90/TabletRs.99save -4%
- Novonorm (1Mg)(30 Tablets in Tablet)Abbott India LimitedRs. 10.83/TabletRs.325save -14%