SALT INFORMATIONNitrofurantoin(100 mg)
INDICATORSPregnancy:B Lactation:L3 Lab:NA Food:NA
Urinary tract infections.
Neuropathy, hemolytic anemia, hepatitis, pulmonary disease, nausea, anorexia, skin reactions, abdominal pain, GI hemorrhage, angioedema, vasculitis, drug fever.
Nitrofurantoin is known to interact with other drugs like amphotericin B, ascorbic acid, fosphenytoin, gestodene, magnesium oxides and hydroxides, nalidixic acid, probenecid, propantheline (Br), pyridoxine, sulphinpyrazone. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Nitrofurantoin is activated by bacterial flavoproteins (nitrofuran reductase) to active reduced reactive intermediates that are thought to modulate and damage ribosomal proteins or other macromolecules, especially DNA, causing inhibition of DNA, RNA, protein, and cell wall synthesis. The overall effect is inhibition of bacterial growth or cell death.
- Furadantin (100 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Allenburys (Glaxo Smithkline Pharmaceuticals Ltd.)Rs. 1/TabletRs.10save 90%
- Urinif (100 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Overseas Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 3.70/TabletRs.37save 62%
- U Free (100 Mg)(7 Tablets in Tablet)Zydus Cadila Healthcare LtdRs. 3.91/TabletRs.27.40save 60%
- Furanit (100 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)IND MEDICARs. 4/TabletRs.40save 59%
- Nitfur (100 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Rhombus Pharma Private LimitedRs. 4/TabletRs.40save 59%
- Martifur Tab(10 Tablets in Tablet)Walter-Bushnell LtdRs. 4.39/TabletRs.43.95save 55%
- Nftor (100mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 7.20/TabletRs.72save 26%
- Urinif Sr (100 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)UNCLASSIFIEDRs. 7.50/TabletRs.75save 23%
- Nitrofur Sr (100 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Wanbury Ltd.Rs. 7.60/TabletRs.76save 22%
- Nifty Sr (100 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Wanbury Ltd.Rs. 8.30/TabletRs.83save 15%