Olmezest Am (40Mg)
INDICATORSPregnancy:C Lactation:L3 Lab:NA Food:NA
Mild to moderate hypertension. Angina pectoris. Prinzmetals angina.
Headache, peripheral oedema, fatigue, somnolence, nausea, abdominal pain, flushing, dyspepsia, palpitations, dizziness. Rarely pruritus, rash, dyspnoea, asthenia, muscle cramps. Potentially Fatal: Hypotension, bradycardia, conductive system delay and CCF.
Increased metabolism with rifampin. Reduced hypotensive effect with calcium. Potentiates effects of thiazide diuretics and ACE inhibitors. Avoid combination with ?-blockers in patients with markedly impaired left ventricular function. May increase serum levels of CYP1A2 substrates e.g. aminophylline, fluvoxamine, ropinirole. CYP3A4 inhibitors (e.g. clarithromycin, doxycycline, isoniazid, nicardipine) may increase the effects of amlodipine. Additive BP-lowering effects when used with sildenafil, tadalafil or vardenafil.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Amlodipine relaxes peripheral and coronary vascular smooth muscle. It produces coronary vasodilation by inhibiting the entry of Ca ions into the voltage-sensitive channels of the vascular smooth muscle and myocardium during depolarisation. It also increases myocardial O2 delivery in patients with vasospastic angina.
INDICATORSPregnancy:D Lactation:L4 Lab:NA Food:NA
Dizziness, headache, abdominal pain, dyspepsia, diarrhoea, gastroenteritis, nausea, hypotension, peripheral oedema, haematuria, UTI, hyperkalaemia, hypertriglyceridemia, hyperuricaemia, elevated liver enzymes, facial edema, angioedema, and rhabdomyolysis.
Concurrent use with ACE inhibitors, potassium-sparing diuretics, potassium salts, and drugs that may increase serum potassium (e.g. ciclosporin, eplerenone) may increase the risk of hyperkalaemia. Concomitant use with NSAIDs may decrease glomerular filtration synergistically; acute renal failure may occur. Increased serum concentrations of lithium and toxicity when used with angiotensin receptor antagonist have been reported; avoid concomitant use of lithium and Olmesartan medoxomil.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Olmesartan medoxomil is an ester prodrug for olmesartan. It is hydrolysed to olmesartan during absorption from the GI tract. Olmesartan is a selective and competitive angiotensin II Type 1 (AT1) receptor antagonist and hence it blocks the vasocontrictor and aldosterone-secreting effects of angiotensin II.
- Olmetime Am (40Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Mankind pharmaRs. 7/TabletRs.70save 49%
- Olmezest Am(10 Tablets in Tablet)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.Rs. 8.80/TabletRs.88save 36%
- Olraas Amtab 10`S(10 Tablets in Tablet)Rpg ImpuRs. 9/TabletRs.90save 35%
- Olraas Am 40(10 Tablets in Tablet)Rpg ImpuRs. 12/TabletRs.120save 13%
- Olsar A (40Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Unichem Laboratories LtdRs. 13.30/TabletRs.133save 4%
- Olmesar A (40mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd.Rs. 14.23/TabletRs.142.34save -3%
- Olvance Am 40 Tab 10`S(10 Tablets in Tablet)Ranbaxy Laboratories LtdRs. 16/TabletRs.160save -16%