Envas (5 Mg)
SALT INFORMATIONEnalapril(5 mg)
INDICATORSPregnancy:D Lactation:L4 Lab:NA Food:NA
All grades of essential hypertension and renovascular hypertension. Adjunct in congestive heart failure.
Initial hypotension may be severe and prolonged. Dizziness, headache, fatigue, persistent dry cough, abnormal taste, lassitude, rash, neutropenia, renal impairment or failure.
Patients receiving diuretics may experience excessive reduction in blood pressure when enalapril is started. Close supervision for at least 2 hours after the start of enalapril and until blood pressure is stable is recommended if the diuretic cannot be stopped. Enalapril may increase potassium levels (hyperkalemia) in blood. Therefore, there is an increased risk of hyperkalemia when enalapril is given with potassium supplements or drugs that increase potassium levels (for example, spironolactone [Aldactone]). There have been reports of increased lithium (Eskalith, Lithobid) levels when lithium is used in combination with ACE inhibitors. The reason for this interaction is not known, but the increased levels may lead to toxicity from lithium. There have been reports that aspirin and other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen (Advil, Children's Advil/Motrin, Medipren, Motrin, Nuprin, PediaCare Fever, etc.), indomethacin(Indocin, Indocin-SR), and naproxen (Anaprox, Naprelan, Naprosyn, Aleve) may reduce the effects of ACE inhibitors.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Enalapril is de-esterified into the active enalaprilat resulting in potent inhibition of ACE thus leading to reduced levels of angiotensin II and aldosterone. Clinically, BP is reduced, salt and water retention is corrected. Ventricular hypertrophy is reversed. Renal blood flow is increased but in patients with renal impairment there may be oliguria or acute renal failure.
- Enalapril (5 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Morepen Laboratories LtdRs. 0.28/TabletRs.2.80save 92%
- Converten (5 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Khandelwal Laboratories LtdRs. 0.90/TabletRs.9save 74%
- Renin (5 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Terrace Pharmaceuticals (P) LtdRs. 1/TabletRs.10save 71%
- Entp (5 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Taurus Laboratories Pvt. Ltd.Rs. 1.15/TabletRs.11.50save 66%
- Enpril (5 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Wockhardt Health Care Ltd.Rs. 1.20/TabletRs.11.99save 65%
- Enalapril Maleate (5 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Low Cost Standard Therapeutics (LOCOST)Rs. 1.20/TabletRs.12save 65%
- Enatol (5 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Mefro Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 1.20/TabletRs.12save 65%
- El (5 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Sunij Pharma Pvt LtdRs. 1.22/TabletRs.12.19save 64%
- Enaten (5 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Globus Remedies LtdRs. 1.30/TabletRs.13save 62%
- Tenam (5 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Caplet India Pvt LtdRs. 1.32/TabletRs.13.18save 61%