Rabonik Plus (10Mg)
SALT INFORMATIONRabeprazole.(10 mg)
INDICATORSPregnancy:C Lactation:L5 Lab:NA Food:NA
Benign gastric and peptic ulcer. Erosive of ulcerative gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD). Acid peptic disease.
Nausea, stomach upset, skin rash, acute toxicity.
There have been reports of an increase in the effect of the blood thinner, warfarin (Coumadin), by rabeprazole which theoretically could lead to increased bleeding. Patients taking warfarin should be monitored more frequently if they begin taking rabeprazole. Rabeprazole may reduce the elimination of cyclosporin in the liver, thereby increasing cyclosporin levels in the blood and potentially leading to cyclosporin toxicity. The absorption of certain drugs may be affected by changes in stomach acidity. Rabeprazole and other PPIs that reduce stomach acid reduce the absorption and concentration in blood ofketoconazole (Nizoral) and increase the absorption and concentration in blood of digoxin (Lanoxin). This may lead to reduced effectiveness of ketoconazole or increased digoxin toxicity, respectively. PPIs may decrease blood levels of atazanavir (Reyataz).
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Rabeprazole is an oral drug that is used for the treatment of conditions caused by acid. It is in a class of drugs called proton pump inhibitors or PPIs which block the production of acid by the stomach. Other drugs in the same class include lansoprazole (Prevacid),omeprazole (Prilosec), pantoprazole (Protonix), esomeprazole (Nexium), and dexlansoprazole (Dexilant). PPIs are used for the treatment of acid-caused conditions such as stomach and duodenal ulcers, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome. Rabeprazole, like other PPIs, blocks the pump in the wall of the stomach that secretes acid into the stomach. By blocking the pump, the secretion of acid into the stomach is decreased, and this allows ulcers in the stomach and esophagus to heal. The FDA approved rabeprazole in August 1999.
- Prorab (10 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Wockhardt Health Care Ltd.Rs. 0.50/TabletRs.5save 97%
- Dazol (10 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Neon Laboratories LtdRs. 0.50/TabletRs.5save 97%
- Pepcia (10 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)FDC LimitedRs. 1.05/TabletRs.10.50save 93%
- Stomeck (10 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Biomiicron PharmaceuticalsRs. 1.32/TabletRs.13.20save 91%
- Rabium (10 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Intas Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 1.36/TabletRs.13.64save 91%
- Beepraz (10 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Galpha Laboratories Ltd.Rs. 1.80/TabletRs.18save 88%
- Helirab (10 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Micro Labs Ltd (B & B)Rs. 1.80/TabletRs.18save 88%
- Roles (10 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Rexcel (Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd)Rs. 1.80/TabletRs.18save 88%
- Rekool (10 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Alembic Chemical Works Co LtdRs. 1.95/TabletRs.19.50save 87%
- Rantac Pp (10 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Unique Biotech Ltd.Rs. 1.95/TabletRs.19.50save 87%