Telma Am (80 Mg)
INDICATORSPregnancy:C Lactation:L3 Lab:NA Food:NA
Mild to moderate hypertension. Angina pectoris. Prinzmetals angina.
Headache, peripheral oedema, fatigue, somnolence, nausea, abdominal pain, flushing, dyspepsia, palpitations, dizziness. Rarely pruritus, rash, dyspnoea, asthenia, muscle cramps. Potentially Fatal: Hypotension, bradycardia, conductive system delay and CCF.
Increased metabolism with rifampin. Reduced hypotensive effect with calcium. Potentiates effects of thiazide diuretics and ACE inhibitors. Avoid combination with ?-blockers in patients with markedly impaired left ventricular function. May increase serum levels of CYP1A2 substrates e.g. aminophylline, fluvoxamine, ropinirole. CYP3A4 inhibitors (e.g. clarithromycin, doxycycline, isoniazid, nicardipine) may increase the effects of amlodipine. Additive BP-lowering effects when used with sildenafil, tadalafil or vardenafil.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Amlodipine relaxes peripheral and coronary vascular smooth muscle. It produces coronary vasodilation by inhibiting the entry of Ca ions into the voltage-sensitive channels of the vascular smooth muscle and myocardium during depolarisation. It also increases myocardial O2 delivery in patients with vasospastic angina.
INDICATORSPregnancy:D Lactation:L5 Lab:NA Food:NA
It is used in the treatment of diabetic nephropathy in hypertensive patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus, as well as the treatment of congestive heart failure
Dizziness, back pain, sinusitis, pharyngitis and diarrhoea.
Telmisartan is known to interact with other drugs like acetylsalicylic acid, amifostine, amiloride, diclofenac, digoxin, fenoprofen, flurbiprofen, ketoprofen, ketorolac, lumiracoxib, meloxicam, nabumetone, spironolactone, tiaprofenic acid, tolmetin, trandolapril. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Telmisartan interferes with the binding of angiotensin II to the angiotensin II AT1-receptor by binding reversibly and selectively to the receptors in vascular smooth muscle and the adrenal gland. As angiotensin II is a vasoconstrictor, which also stimulates the synthesis and release of aldosterone and improve carbohydrate and lipid metabolism.
- Telsartan Am Activ (80 Mg)(30 Tablets in Tablet)Dr Reddy Laboratories LtdRs. 5.97/TabletRs.179save 61%
- Temax Am 80(14 Tablets in Tablet)WOCKHARDT LIMITEDRs. 8.57/TabletRs.120save 44%
- Telvas Am 80/(5Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 8.75/TabletRs.87.50save 43%
- Targit Am (80 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Pfizer LimitedRs. 11/TabletRs.110save 28%
- Telsar A (80mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Unichem Laboratories LtdRs. 12/TabletRs.120save 22%
- Tsart Am (80Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 12.20/TabletRs.122save 20%
- Tazloc Trio (80Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)US Vitamins LimitedRs. 13.10/TabletRs.130.96save 15%
- Telista Am (80 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Lupin Laboratories LtdRs. 13.80/TabletRs.138save 10%
- Telpres Am (80Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Abbott India LimitedRs. 14/TabletRs.140save 9%
- Tazloc Am (8Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)USV LimitedRs. 120/TabletRs.120save -683%