Famotidine (40 Mg)
SALT INFORMATIONFamotidine(40 mg)
INDICATORSPregnancy:B Lactation:L2 Lab:NA Food:NA
Blood dyscrasias, hypotension, tachycardia, emesis, restlessness, dizziness, headache, diarrhea, constipation, bradycardia, jaundice, mental confusion, hypotension, renal failure.
Famotidine is known to interact with other drugs like alcohol, ketoconazole, magnesium trisilicate, probenecid, sodium diatrizoate. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Famotidine binds competitively to H2-receptors located on the basolateral membrane of the parietal cell, blocking histamine affects. This competitive inhibition results in reduced basal and nocturnal gastric acid secretion and a reduction in gastric volume, acidity, and amount of gastric acid released in response to stimuli including food, caffeine, insulin, betazole, or pentagastrin.
- Ronid (40 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Neon Laboratories LtdRs. 0.26/TabletRs.2.62save 35%
- Facid (40 Mg)(14 Tablets in Tablet)Intas Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 0.31/TabletRs.4.31save 23%
- Femidin (40 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Taj Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.31/TabletRs.3.08save 23%
- Famocid (40 Mg)(14 Tablets in Tablet)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.Rs. 0.34/TabletRs.4.80save 14%
- Topcid (40 Mg)(14 Tablets in Tablet)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.34/TabletRs.4.72save 16%
- Femoact (40 Mg)(10 Tablets in Tablet)Active HealthcareRs. 0.35/TabletRs.3.46save 13%
- Famotidine Fc (40 Mg)(1000 Tablets in Tablet)Acichem LaboratoriesRs. 0.35/TabletRs.350save 13%
- Famodin (40 Mg)(14 Tablets in Tablet)Zydus Cadila Healthcare LtdRs. 0.36/TabletRs.5.03save 10%
- Famopril (40 Mg)(14 Tablets in Tablet)Zydus Cadila Healthcare LtdRs. 0.36/TabletRs.5.08save 9%
- Famonext (40 Mg)(14 Tablets in Tablet)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.36/TabletRs.5.08save 9%