SALT INFORMATIONProchlorperazine(5 mg)
Acute pulmonary oedema, Diagnostic procedures, Labyrinthine disorders, Mania, Menieres disease, Muscle spasm of varied aeitology, Nausea and vomiting, Nausea and vomiting (acute attacks), Nausea and vomiting (due to migraine), Nausea and vomiting (prevention), Nausea, vomiting (acute attacks), Psychosis, Schizophrenia.
Drowsiness, Unconsciousness, Respiratory depression, Fever, Orthostatic hypotension, Syncope, Neuroleptic malignant syndrome, Reflex tachycardia.
Additive anticholinergic effects with antihistamines, tricyclic antidepressants and drugs used in parkinsonism.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Prochlorperazine blocks both postsynaptic dopamine receptors as well as the medullary chemo receptor trigger zone. It depresses hypothalamic and hypophyseal hormone release and posssesses ?-adrenergic and anticholinergic inhibitory activity.
- Vometil (5mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Cipla LtdRs. 0.91/TabletRs. 9.10save 80% more per Tablet
- Stemetil (5mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 2.41/TabletRs. 24.10save 46% more per Tablet
- Ingametil (5mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Inga Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 0.62/TabletRs. 6.20save 86% more per Tablet
- Emex (5mg)(250 Tablet in Packet)Bennet Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.71/TabletRs. 177.50save 84% more per Tablet
- Emipax (5mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Albatross Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 0.80/TabletRs. 8save 82% more per Tablet
Can I take Acuvert (5mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown risk to fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.