Cefuroxime is used to treat any infection of the sinuses, throat, airways or lungs, kidney and urinary tract infections and Lyme disease (flu-like symptoms including stiff neck, chills, fever, swollen lymph nodes, headaches, fatigue, muscle aches, and joint pain). It is also used as prophylaxis of postoperative endophthalmitis (inflammation of the internal coats of the eye) after cataract surgery.
Skin itching, rash, or redness, urge to vomit, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, transient increase of liver enzymes, fungal infection, increase in eosinophils (type of white blood cellls).
Cefuroxime can interact with antacids, birth control pills, probenecid, and blood thinning drugs (anticoagulants). Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Cefuroxime is an antibiotic that prevents the growth of bacteria by interrupting the bacterial cell wall formation.
- C Furo(125mg)(1 Syrup in Bottle)Hetero Drugs LtdRs. 69/SyrupRs. 69pay 1161% more per Syrup
- Zefu Dry(125mg)(1 Syrup in Bottle)FDC LtdRs. 99/SyrupRs. 99pay 1709% more per Syrup
- Axacef (125mg)(1 Syrup in Bottle)Medreich Lifecare LtdRs. 115/SyrupRs. 115pay 2001% more per Syrup
- Cetil Dry(125mg)(1 ml Syrup in Bottle)Lupin Laboratories LtdRs. 131.50/SyrupRs. 131.50pay 2303% more per Syrup
- Fastclav (125mg)(1 Syrup in Bottle)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 133/SyrupRs. 133pay 2330% more per Syrup
Can I take Altacef (125mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown no risk to the fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.