SALT INFORMATIONAmitriptyline(10 mg)
Depressive illness accompanied by anxiety, agitation, restlessness and disturbances of sleep. Masked depression, dysphoria and depression in alcoholics.
Postural hypotension, tachycardia, cardiac arrhythmias, conduction disturbances, congestive heart failure, hypotension, cardiac arrhythmias, coma, seizures, blurred vision, dry mouth, urinary retention, hypothermia, metabolic acidosis, mydriasis, weakness, dizziness, headache, fatigue, constipation, dry mouth, blurred vision.
Amitriptyline is known to interact with other drugs like adrenaline, alcohol, antazoline, apraclonidine (HCl), astemizole, bethanidine (Sulphate), bretylium (Tosylate), carbamazepine, cimetidine (HCl), cisapride, clonidine (HCl), debrisoquine (Sulphate), disopyramide, disulfiram, enflurane, ergotamine (Tartrate).
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Amitriptyline is a TCA that exerts its action by blocking neuronal re-uptake of noradrenaline and serotonin thus increasing synaptic concentration of serotonin and/or norepinephrine in the CNS.
- Amiline (10mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.24/TabletRs. 2.45save 87% more per Tablet
- Amline (10mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.24/TabletRs. 2.45save 87% more per Tablet
- Tridep (10mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.41/TabletRs. 4.10save 78% more per Tablet
- Tadamit (10mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 0.80/TabletRs. 8save 58% more per Tablet
- Amitor (10mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1.25/TabletRs. 12.50save 34% more per Tablet
Can I take Amitop (10mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown risk to fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.