SALT INFORMATIONAmlodipine(10 mg)
Amlodipine is used to treat high blood pressure and various forms of angina (severe pain in chest which may travel into the jaw, neck and arms or narrowing of the coronary arteries of the heart.
The common side effects are headache, swelling of part or whole of body, rash, unusual tiredness, urge to vomit, facial redness and feeling of warmth (flushing), sleepiness, dizziness, headache, swelling of ankle, face, lips and eyes, sleepiness, abdominal pain, indigestion, drowsiness, and thumping, pounding or fluttering sensation in the chest
Amlodipine is known to interact with other drugs like azole antifungals, macrolides like erythromycin, clarithromycin, verapamil, diltiazem and rifampicin. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Amlodipine is an anti-hypertensive drug that relaxes and opens blood vessels, thus, improving the flow of blood and lowering the blood pressure. It improves blood and oxygen supply to the heart muscles.
- Amsyn (10mg)(100 Tablet in Packet)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 0.90/TabletRs. 90save 93% more per Tablet
- Amaday (10mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Ajanta Pharma LtdRs. 1.50/TabletRs. 15save 88% more per Tablet
- Amodep (10mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)FDC LtdRs. 1.50/TabletRs. 15save 88% more per Tablet
- Lupidip (10mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Lupin Laboratories LtdRs. 2.19/TabletRs. 21.90save 82% more per Tablet
- Amsach (10mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Piramal HealthcareRs. 2.50/TabletRs. 25save 79% more per Tablet
Can I take Amlong (10mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown risk to fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.