SALT INFORMATIONAmlodipine(5 mg)
Amlodipine is used to treat high blood pressure and various forms of angina (severe pain in chest which may travel into the jaw, neck and arms or narrowing of the coronary arteries of the heart.
The common side effects are headache, swelling of part or whole of body, rash, unusual tiredness, urge to vomit, facial redness and feeling of warmth (flushing), sleepiness, dizziness, headache, swelling of ankle, face, lips and eyes, sleepiness, abdominal pain, indigestion, drowsiness, and thumping, pounding or fluttering sensation in the chest
Grapefruit juice may increase plasma concentration of amlodipine. Amlodipine may cause excessive reduction in blood pressure on interaction with calcium, sildenafil, tadalafil or vardenafil. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Amlodipine is an anti-hypertensive drug that relaxes and opens blood vessels, thus, improving the flow of blood and lowering the blood pressure. It improves blood and oxygen supply to the heart muscles.
- Amdepin 5mgtab(15s)(15 Tablet in Strip)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.20/TabletRs. 2.97save 94% more per Tablet
- Amlo (5mg)(20 Tablet in Strip)Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1.77/TabletRs. 35.40save 44% more per Tablet
- Amdepin (2.5mg)(14 Tablet in Strip)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2.03/TabletRs. 28.45save 36% more per Tablet
- Amlogard (5mgtab30'S Dpco 130mg)(30 Tablet in Packet)Pfizer LimitedRs. 2.97/TabletRs. 89.10save 6% more per Tablet
- Amlodac (5mg)(15 Tablet in Strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 3.13/TabletRs. 47save 1% more per Tablet
Can I take Amlopres (5mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown risk to fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.