SALT INFORMATIONLevocetrizine(5 mg)
Levocetirizine is used to treat the symptoms of allergic conditions (runnin nose, watering eyes etc), such as hay fever, year round allergies due to dust or pet allergies, and chronic hives (red, itchy bumps on skin).
Sleepiness, dizziness, headache, sore throat, running nose (in children), dry mouth, abdominal pain, urge to vomit, unusual tiredness
No interactions with other drugs are expected with levocetrizine. However, it may cause impairment of performance and reduction in alertness in patients using machines or driving when taken together with drugs affecting the nervous system and alcohol. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Levocetirizine is an antihistamine. It works by blocking a substance in the body called histamine. This helps to decrease allergy symptoms and hives.
- Zipcet (5mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 0.85/TabletRs. 8.50save 55% more per Tablet
- Zipcet Tab(10 Tablet in Strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 1.26/TabletRs. 12.60save 34% more per Tablet
- Lestal (5mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)RPG Life Sciences Ltd (Acumed)Rs. 1.95/TabletRs. 19.51pay 3% more per Tablet
- Histachek (5mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Indoco Remedies LtdRs. 2.50/TabletRs. 25pay 32% more per Tablet
- Livochamp (5mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 2.50/TabletRs. 25pay 32% more per Tablet
Can I take Aplev (5mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown no risk to the fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.