Cefuroxime is used to treat any infection of the sinuses, throat, airways or lungs, kidney and urinary tract infections and Lyme disease (flu-like symptoms including stiff neck, chills, fever, swollen lymph nodes, headaches, fatigue, muscle aches, and joint pain). It is also used as prophylaxis of postoperative endophthalmitis (inflammation of the internal coats of the eye) after cataract surgery.
Skin itching, rash, or redness, urge to vomit, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, transient increase of liver enzymes, fungal infection, increase in eosinophils (type of white blood cellls).
Cefuroxime can interact with antacids, birth control pills, probenecid, and blood thinning drugs (anticoagulants). Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Cefuroxime is an antibiotic that prevents the growth of bacteria by interrupting the bacterial cell wall formation.
- Setcal (500gm)(30 Tablet in Packet)Wanbury LimitedRs. 3.10/TabletRs. 93save 95% more per Tablet
- Ethicef (500)(10 Tablet in Strip)Ethix Industries IncRs. 4.80/TabletRs. 48save 92% more per Tablet
- Engel D/S(500mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Blue Cross Laboratories LtdRs. 6.50/TabletRs. 65save 89% more per Tablet
- Furion (500)(10 Tablet in Strip)Orion Biotech Pvt LtdRs. 10.90/TabletRs. 109save 82% more per Tablet
- Oratil (500mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 13.54/TabletRs. 135.40save 78% more per Tablet
Can I take Axacef (500mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown no risk to the fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.