SALT INFORMATIONAztreonam(1000 mg)
Septicemia/Bacteremia, Pyelonephritis and complicated urinary tract infection, Gram-negative lower respiratory tract infection. Gonorrhoea. Azitreonam is also used in other gram negative infections of skin soft tissue intra-abdominal including gynecological infections.
Pseudomembranous colitis, eosinophilia, exfoliative dermatitis, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, urticaria, thrombophlebitis, elevation of liver enzymes.
If an aminoglycoside is used concurrently with aztreonam, especially if high dosages of the former are used or if therapy is prolonged, monitor renal function because of potential nephrotoxicity and ototoxicity of aminoglycoside antibiotics.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
The bactericidal action of aztreonam results from the inhibition of bacterial cell wall synthesis due to a high affinity of aztreonam for penicillin binding protein 3 (PBP3). By binding to PBP3, aztreonam inhibits the third and last stage of bacterial cell wall synthesis. Cell lysis is then mediated by bacterial cell wall autolytic enzymes such as autolysins. It is possible that aztreonam interferes with an autolysin inhibitor.
- Aztreo (1000mg)(1 Powder for Injection in Vial)Zydus CadilaRs. 450/Powder for InjectionRs. 450save 3% more per Powder for Injection
- Manvit (1000mg)(1 Powder for Injection in Vial)Mancure Drugs Pvt LtdRs. 460/Powder for InjectionRs. 460save 1% more per Powder for Injection
- Aztrone (1000mg)(1 Powder for Injection in Vial)Neon Laboratories LtdRs. 540/Powder for InjectionRs. 540pay 16% more per Powder for Injection
- Azvzn (1000mg)(1 Powder for Injection in Vial)Alwin Wilcare PharmaceuticalsRs. 595/Powder for InjectionRs. 595pay 28% more per Powder for Injection
- Azenam (1000mg)(1 Powder for Injection in Vial)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 617/Powder for InjectionRs. 617pay 33% more per Powder for Injection
Can I take Azotum (1000mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown no risk to the fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.