SALT INFORMATIONBaclofen(25 mg)
For the alleviation of signs and symptoms of spasticity resulting from multiple sclerosis, particularly for the relief of flexor spasms and concomitant pain.
Hallucinations, Allergic reactions, Personality disturbances.
Interacts with other drugs like Alcohol, Captopril, Diazepam, Diazoxide, Lithium, Lofexidine, Loprazolam, Methyldopa, Metyrosine, Perindopril, Phenylalanine, Pioglitazone, Quinidine.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Baclofen is an oral and injectable medication that relaxes skeletal muscles, the muscles that move the skeleton (and also called striated muscle). Chemically, baclofen is related to gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), a naturally-occurring neurotransmitter in the brain. Neurotransmitters are chemicals that nerves use to communicate with one another. GABA released by some nerves causes the activity of other nerves to decrease. It is believed that baclofen, acting like GABA, blocks the activity of nerves within the part of the brain that controls the contraction and relaxation of skeletal muscle.
- Riclofen Tab(10 Tablet in Strip)Sigma Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 4.70/TabletRs. 47save 76% more per Tablet
- Riclofen (25mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Samarth Life SciencesRs. 6.50/TabletRs. 65save 67% more per Tablet
- Spinofen (25mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Chemo BiologicalRs. 12.20/TabletRs. 122save 39% more per Tablet
- Arive (25mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 17.50/TabletRs. 175save 12% more per Tablet
- Liofen (25mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 21.50/TabletRs. 215pay 8% more per Tablet
Can I take Baclof (25mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown risk to fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.