SALT INFORMATIONDiethylcarbamazine(100 mg)
Fever, headache, vomiting, dizziness, drowsiness, nausea, chills. Severe hypersensitivity reactions may occur especially in the treatment of onchocerciasis where rare Mazzotti reaction characterised by rash, itching, headache, muscle and joint pains, tachycardia, postural hypotension may start within 2 hr of drug administration. Encephalitis and retinal haemorrhage.
Tell your doctor of all prescription and nonprescription medication you may use. Do not start or stop any medicine without doctor or pharmacist approval.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Diethylcarbamazine is an anthelmintic that is used in the treatment of lymphatic filariasis. Diethylcarbamazine alters the microfilariae membrane so that they are readily phagocytosed by tissue fixed monocytes, but not by circulating phagocytes. It is active against the microfilariae and adult worms of W. bancrofti, B. malayi, B. timori and Loa loa but only against the microfilariae of O. volvulus. It is also used in treatment of toxocariasis. Repeated courses may be necessary.
- Hetrazan (100mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Wyeth IndiaRs. 1.51/TabletRs. 15.11pay 62% more per Tablet
- Hetrazan (100mg)(20 Tablet in Strip)Wyeth IndiaRs. 1.60/TabletRs. 32pay 71% more per Tablet
- Hetrazan (100mg Tab 15mg)(15 Tablet in Strip)Wyeth IndiaRs. 2.13/TabletRs. 32pay 129% more per Tablet
- Hetrazan (100mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Wyeth IndiaRs. 3.20/TabletRs. 32pay 243% more per Tablet
- Esnotone (100mg)(100 Tablet in Packet)Sarmain PharmaceuticalsRs. 0.80/TabletRs. 80save 14% more per Tablet
Can I take Banocide Forte(100mg) during pregnancy?
The drug should not be used by pregnant women. Experiences of drug use and evidence from studies in pregnant women have shown high risk to fetus. The risk of drug use in pregnant women outweighs the benefit.