SALT INFORMATIONCabergoline(0.25 mg)
Excesssive prolactin level, lactation inhibition, parkinson's disease.
Orthostatic hypotension, dizziness, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, confusion, ankle edema.
Cabergoline is known to interact with other drugs like alcohol, clozapine, domperidone, erythromycin, levodopa, methyldopa, metoclopramide (HCl), octreotide (Acetate). Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Cabergoline stimulates dopamine D2, causes inhibition of adenylyl cyclase, which decreases intracellular cAMP concentrations and blocks IP3-dependent release of Ca2+ from intracellular stores. Decreases in intracellular calcium levels may also be brought about via inhibition of calcium influx through voltage-gated calcium channels, rather than via inhibition of adenylyl cyclase. Additionally, receptor activation blocks phosphorylation of p42/p44 MAPK and decreases MAPK/ERK kinase phosphorylation. Inhibition of MAPK appears to be mediated by c-Raf and B-Raf-dependent inhibition of MAPK/ERK kinase. Dopamine-stimulated growth hormone release from the pituitary gland is mediated by a decrease in intracellular calcium influx through voltage-gated calcium channels rather than via adenylyl cyclase inhibition. Stimulation of dopamine D2 receptors in the nigrostriatal pathway leads to improvements in coordinated muscle activity in those with movement disorders.
- Cablyn (0.25mg)(4 Tablet in Strip)Celon Laboratories LtdRs. 22.50/TabletRs. 90save 24% more per Tablet
- Cabgon (0.25tab)(2 Tablet in Strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 22.50/TabletRs. 45save 24% more per Tablet
- Cb Lin(0.25mg)(2 Tablet in Strip)Serum Institute Of India LtdRs. 25/TabletRs. 50save 15% more per Tablet
- Caberlin (0.25mg)(4 Tablet in Strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 29.50/TabletRs. 118same price
- Caberlin (0.25mg)(2 Tablet in Strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 29.50/TabletRs. 59same price
Can I take Cabgolin (0.25mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown no risk to the fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.