SALT INFORMATIONRamipril(5 mg)
To treat high blood pressure, prevention of heart attack or stroke, heart failure and renal disease.
Headache or feeling tired, fainting, abnormally low blood pressure (hypotension), fall in blood pressure during standing posture, dry cough, breathlessness, increased blood potassium levels, inflammation of sinuses (sinusitis), skin rash, chest pain, cramps or pain in the muscles, numbness, tingling, pricking, burning or creeping on your skin, abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea, feeling depressed or anxious, heartburn, constipation and dry mouth.
Medicines used to relieve pain and inflammation such as ibuprofen or indomethacin and aspirin reduce the effect of ramipril. Medicines which can increase the amount of potassium in the blood such as spironolactone, triamterene, amiloride, potassium salts and heparin, steroids (prednisolone), gout medications (allopurinol) can increase the amount of ramipril leading to side effects. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
It belongs to a group of medicines called ACE (Angiotensin Converting Enzyme) inhibitors, which block the enzyme ACE, ultimately reducing the substance called Angiotensin II and thereby widening blood vessels which help reduce high blood pressure.
- Ziram (5mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)FDC LtdRs. 4.20/CapsuleRs. 42save 49% more per Capsule
- Sclerace(10 Capsule in Strip)Novartis Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 5.97/CapsuleRs. 59.70save 27% more per Capsule
- Bpace (5mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)Claris Lifesciences LtdRs. 6.24/CapsuleRs. 62.40save 24% more per Capsule
- Odipril Hg(5mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)Blue Cross Laboratories LtdRs. 3/CapsuleRs. 30save 63% more per Capsule
- Topril (5mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 7.04/CapsuleRs. 70.40save 14% more per Capsule
Can I take Cardiopril (5mg) during pregnancy?
Experiences of drug use and evidence from studies in pregnant women have shown risk to fetus. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.