SALT INFORMATIONDiacerein(50 mg)
Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, rashes, pruritus, epigastric pain, discoloration of urine.
Diacerein is known to interact with other drugs like aluminium hydroxide and oxide, psyllium Husk. These interactions are sometimes beneficial and sometimes may pose threats to life. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Diacerein is an anthraquinone derivative that has been used in osteoarthritis. It is thought to act via inhibition of interleukin-1?.
Pregnancy, lactation, hypersensitivity to anthraquinone derivatives.
Glucosamine is used in addition to other drugs to relieve joint pain, swelling and stiffness due to arthritis.
* Common: urge to vomit (nausea), vomiting, loose motions (diarrhea), difficulty in passing stool (constipation), heartburn * Rare: hives, difficult breathing, swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat (angioedema)
* Concurrent use of warfarin and glucosamine may increase the effect of warfarin and make blood clotting even slower. * Glucosamine may decrease the effectiveness of medicines used to treat cancer. * Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Glucosamine is a sugar protein. It acts by building cartilage (the hard connective tissue located mainly on the bones near your joints) in the body.
Always follow the instructions of doctor regarding the dosage and duration * Treatment in adults: 500 mg three times daily; orally
DOs and DON'Ts
Consult your doctor: * If you have diabetes * If you have high cholesterol or triglycerides * If you have cancer * If you have liver disease * If you have asthma or breathing disorder * If you are allergic to shell fish * If you are taking any blood thinning medication (warfarin, Coumadin) * If you are pregnant or breast feedingDo not continue the glucosamine if you are having surgery
* If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to glucosamine or any of the other ingredients of glucosamine tablet. * Children * Pregnant woman
Q. Is glucosamine good for joints/arthritis?Yes, glucosamine is used as an aid to relieve joint pain, swelling and stiffness due to arthritis.Q. Is glucosamine safe for diabetics?No, it is not safe for diabetics. Patient should follow the advice of doctor regarding its use.Q. Is glucosamine a steroid/blood thinner?No, it is a sugar protein and not a steroid/blood thinner.Q. How long can I take glucosamine for?Patient may take glucosamine for prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor.Q. Can I take glucosamine with statins/calcium/blood thinners/ levothyroxine/ beta blockers/naproxen/coffee/warfarin/ blood pressure tablets?Patient should not take glucosamine along with warfarin. Taking other medicines with glucosamine may alter the effects of glucosamine. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.Q. Does glucosamine increase weight/cause gas/affect blood pressure/increase blood sugar?Glucosamine causing these side effects is very rare. However consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects.
* Prescribing information. http://www.drugs.com/cdi/glucosamine.html
MECHANISM OF ACTION
- Osteocare Tab(15 Tablet in Strip)Meyer Organics Pvt LtdRs. 4.57/TabletRs. 68.49save 67% more per Tablet
- Joincerin M Tab(10 Tablet in Strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 10.30/TabletRs. 103save 26% more per Tablet
- Wakfree Tab(10 Tablet in Strip)Akesiss Pharma Pvt LtdRs. 7.90/TabletRs. 79save 44% more per Tablet
- Biojoynt Tab(10 Tablet in Strip)Biovision Health CareRs. 9.90/TabletRs. 99save 29% more per Tablet
- Cartisafe D Tabs(10 Tablet in Strip)Jenburkt Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 14.25/TabletRs. 142.50pay 2% more per Tablet
Can I take Cartigen Dn during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown no risk to the fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.