SALT INFORMATIONCefpodoxime(200 mg)
Cefpodoxime is used to treat bacterial infections of lung (pneumonia), airways (bronchitis), ear, sinuses, throat, skin and skin structure, urinary tract, and gonorrheal infections of urethra, cervix and rectum.
Urge to vomit, vomiting, diarrhea, change in color, amount or odor of vaginal discharge, vaginal infections, headache, skin rash, diaper rash, transient and abnormal increase in liver and kidney enzymes, severe allergy, and abnormal levels of white blood cells in blood.
Cefpodoxime is known to interact with other drugs like propantheline and other drugs which are nephrotoxic. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Cefpodoxime is an antibiotic that interferes in the formation of bacterial cell wall so that the cell wall ruptures, resulting in bacterial death.
- Mepodox (200mg)(100 Tablet in Packet)Globus Remedies LtdRs. 1.95/TabletRs. 195save 89% more per Tablet
- Microcef (200mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Micro Nova Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1.95/TabletRs. 19.50save 89% more per Tablet
- Standrox (200mg)(100 Tablet in Packet)Standard Remedies Pvt LtdRs. 1.97/TabletRs. 197save 89% more per Tablet
- Xvil (200mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Jpee DrugsRs. 2.40/TabletRs. 24save 87% more per Tablet
- Expodox (200mg)(4 Tablet in Strip)Ind Swift Laboratories LtdRs. 3.15/TabletRs. 12.60save 82% more per Tablet
Can I take Cefaz (200mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown no risk to the fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.