SALT INFORMATIONCefixime(100 mg)
Cefixime is used in the treatment of infections of ear, nose, sinuses, throat, chest, lungs and urinary system.
Abdominal pain, loose stools, indigestion, urge to vomit, vomiting, excessive passing of wind or gas, jaundice, superinfection in the gut, increased level of liver enzyme in the blood, headaches, dizziness, breathlessness, kidney dysfunction, severe allergic reactions leading to swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of lips, face, throat or tongue, blistering or bleeding of the skin around lips, eyes, mouth, nose and genitals, flu-like symptoms and fever, severe blistering rash, skin rash, skin lesions with a pink/red ring and a pale centre, bruising or bleeding, joint pain, skin rashes with itching, itching in the genital or vaginal area, increase or decrease in number of blood cells.
Cefixime may increase the bleeding tendency with blood thinning drugs such as warfarin. Probenecid may decrease the removal of cefixime by the kidneys. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Cefixime kills bacteria by binding to specific proteins and preventing the formation of the walls that surround them. The walls are necessary to protect bacteria from their environment and to keep the contents of the bacterial cell together.
- Askacef (100mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)Asklepios Remedies Pvt LtdRs. 4.50/CapsuleRs. 45save 32% more per Capsule
- Orfix (100mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 8.80/CapsuleRs. 88pay 32% more per Capsule
- Mucifi (100mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)Cyper Drugs & PharmaceuticalRs. 8/CapsuleRs. 80pay 20% more per Capsule
- Siffy 100(100mg)(100 Capsule in Strip)Anglo-French Drugs & Industries LtdRs. 10.39/CapsuleRs. 1039.50pay 56% more per Capsule
- Fixinic (100mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)Tunic HealthcareRs. 10.90/CapsuleRs. 109pay 64% more per Capsule
Can I take Cefspan (100mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown no risk to the fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.