SALT INFORMATIONCephalexin(500 mg)
Bone and joint infection, dental infections, genitourinary tract infections, otitis media, respiratory tract infections, schizophrenia and other psychoses, skin infections.
Hypersensitivity reactions, interstitial nephritis, vulvo vaginitis, dizziness, headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, skin reactions, vaginitis, genital moniliasis, vaginal discharge, neutropenia, GI disturbance.
Cephalexin is known to interact with other drugs like pivmecillinam (HCl), probenecid, protamine (Sulphate), reviparin sodium, streptomycin. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that maystrictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Cephalexin binds to specific penicillin-binding proteins (PBPs) located inside the bacterial cell wall, it inhibits the third and last stage of bacterial cell wall synthesis. Cell lysis is then mediated by bacterial cell wall autolytic enzymes such as autolysins.
- Neocef (500mg)(4 Capsule in Strip)Glaxo Smithkline Pharmaceuticals Ltd (Allenburys)Rs. 8.87/CapsuleRs. 35.49save 25% more per Capsule
- Cd Phex(500mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)Cyper Drugs & PharmaceuticalRs. 6/CapsuleRs. 60save 50% more per Capsule
- Cephaxin (500mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)Biochem Pharmaceutical IndustriesRs. 6/CapsuleRs. 60save 50% more per Capsule
- Spocelin Forte(500mg)(4 Capsule in Strip)Medley Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 6.20/CapsuleRs. 24.80save 48% more per Capsule
- Cefadyl (500mg)(4 Capsule in Strip)Unique Biotech LtdRs. 6.24/CapsuleRs. 24.94save 48% more per Capsule
Can I take Celexin (500mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown no risk to the fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.