SALT INFORMATIONEscitalopram(10 mg)
To treat major depressive episodes, panic conditions, social anxiety condition and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Headache, urge to vomit (nausea), vomiting, decreased or increased appetite, stomach pain, weight gain, increased sweating, disturbed sleep, anxiety, restlessness, abnormal dreams, suicidal thoughts, tremors, decreased sex drive, inflammation of the sinuses (sinusitis), diarrhea, constipation, dry mouth, undue tiredness, fever, painful bones and muscles.
Coadministration with NSAIDs, aspirin, and warfarin may increase occurrence of upper gastrointestinal bleeding. Anti-seizure medicine (carbamazepine and phenytoin) may increase the clearance of escitalopram. Other central nervous system medications such as isocarboxazid, phenelzine, selegiline and tranylcypromine, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) such as fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, paroxetine, sertraline and citalopram may interact with escitalopram. Other drugs which may interact includes cimetidine, ketoconazole, lithium, linezolid, metoprolol, desipramine. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Reduced levels of serotonin (the chemical messengers that nerves use to communicate with one another) are common in disorders such as obsessive-compulsive disorder, depression, and anxiety. Escitalopram shows antidepressant, anti-obsessive-compulsive and anti-bulimic (binge eating disorders) actions by maintaining the levels of serotonin in the brain.
- Topdep S(10mg)(100 Tablet in Packet)Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.64/TabletRs. 64.22save 89% more per Tablet
- S Zetalo Tab(10 Tablet in Strip)RocheRs. 3.87/TabletRs. 38.65save 31% more per Tablet
- Sc Talo(10mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 5.20/TabletRs. 52save 7% more per Tablet
- Excita (10mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Elder Pharamaceuticals LtdRs. 5.30/TabletRs. 53save 5% more per Tablet
- Escytop (10mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Wockhardt LtdRs. 5.41/TabletRs. 54.06save 3% more per Tablet
Can I take Cilota S(10mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown risk to fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.