SALT INFORMATIONPropranolol(40 mg)
It is used for treatment of high blood pressure, abnormal heart rhythm, prophylaxis of angina (chest pain). It may also be used for prophylaxis of migraine management of anxiety disorders, tremors and hyperthyroidism.
Dizziness, Itching, difficulty breathing or swelling of the face, lips, throat or tongue, fatigue, vomiting, nausea, stomach bloating, tiredness, difficulty in sleeping, rash, diarrhea, decreased sex drive, impotence, visual disturbances to vivid dreams, hallucinations, and confusion.
Propranolol interacts with calcium channel blockers (verapamil, diltiazem or bepridil), alpha blockers (prazosin), aluminum hydroxide, anticholinergics ( atropine, scopolamine), calcium channel blockers (diltiazem, verapamil), chlorpromazine, diazepam , cimetidine, fluoxetine/paroxetine/fluvoxamine, HIV protease inhibitors including ritonavir, rifamycins including rifabutin, certain anti-seizure medicines including carbamazepine), other drugs to treat high blood pressure (clonidine, hydralazine, methyldopa, reserpine , amiodarone, digoxin, disopyramide, propafenone, quinidine), mefloquine, rizatriptan, theophylline, thioridazine, thyroid hormones (levothyroxine), warfarin and bronchodilators like salbutamol. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Propranolol is a competitive antagonist at both beta I and beta 2 adrenoceptor of nor-epinephrine. Nor epinephrine is a major neurotransmitter of symphathetic nervous system.
- Propranolol (40mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)RocheRs. 0.70/TabletRs. 7save 86% more per Tablet
- Corbeta (40mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)RocheRs. 0.94/TabletRs. 9.37save 82% more per Tablet
- Manoprolol Sr(40mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2.12/TabletRs. 21.20save 58% more per Tablet
- Manoprolol (40mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2.25/TabletRs. 22.50save 56% more per Tablet
- Ciplar (40mg)(15 Tablet in Packet)Cipla LtdRs. 2.86/TabletRs. 42.84save 44% more per Tablet
Can I take Ciplar (40mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown risk to fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.