SALT INFORMATIONPropranolol(40 mg)
To treat high blood pressure, abnormal heart rhythm, heart disease, anxiety and uncontrolled shaking (tremors), chest pain and migraine headaches. Also, to prevent bleeding in the stomach and food pipe in patients with swollen blood vessels due to liver disease.
Dizziness, Itching, difficulty breathing or swelling of the face, lips, throat or tongue, fatigue, vomiting, nausea, stomach bloating, tiredness, difficulty in sleeping, rash, diarrhea, decreased sex drive, impotence, visual disturbances to vivid dreams, hallucinations, and confusion.
Propranolol interacts with calcium channel blockers (verapamil, diltiazem or bepridil), alpha blockers (prazosin), aluminum hydroxide, anticholinergics ( atropine, scopolamine), calcium channel blockers (diltiazem, verapamil), chlorpromazine, diazepam , cimetidine, fluoxetine/paroxetine/fluvoxamine, HIV protease inhibitors including ritonavir, rifamycins including rifabutin, certain anti-seizure medicines including carbamazepine), other drugs to treat high blood pressure (clonidine, hydralazine, methyldopa, reserpine , amiodarone, digoxin, disopyramide, propafenone, quinidine), mefloquine, rizatriptan, theophylline, thioridazine, thyroid hormones (levothyroxine), warfarin and bronchodilators like salbutamol. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
This drug works by blocking the action of certain natural chemicals in the body (such as epinephrine) that affect the heart and blood vessels. This effect reduces heart rate, blood pressure, and strain on the heart.
- Propranolol (40mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)RocheRs. 0.70/TabletRs. 7save 86% more per Tablet
- Corbeta (40mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)RocheRs. 0.94/TabletRs. 9.37save 82% more per Tablet
- Manoprolol Sr(40mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2.12/TabletRs. 21.20save 58% more per Tablet
- Manoprolol (40mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2.25/TabletRs. 22.50save 56% more per Tablet
- Ciplar (40mg)(15 Tablet in Packet)Cipla LtdRs. 2.86/TabletRs. 42.84save 44% more per Tablet
Can I take Ciplar (40mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown risk to fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.