SALT INFORMATIONClomifene(100 mg)
Anovulatory infertility, male infertility, polycystic ovary syndrome.
Ovarian enlargement, rupture of lutein cysts, intraperitoneal hemorrhage, dizziness, nausea, rashes, depression, weight gain, loss of hair, hot flushes, blurring of vision, breast tenderness, abdominal discomfort.
Clomiphene is known to interact with other drugs like follitropin beta. These interactions are sometimes beneficial and sometimes may pose threats to life. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Clomifene appears to stumulate the release of gonadotropins, follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), and leuteinizing hormone (LH), which leads to the development and maturation of ovarian follicle, ovulation, and subsequent development and function of the coprus luteum, thus resulting in pregnancy. Gonadotropin release may result from direct stimulation of the hypothalamic-pituitary axis or from a decreased inhibitory influence of estrogens on the hypothalamic-pituitary axis by competing with the endogenous estrogens of the uterus, pituitary, or hypothalamus.
- Rejun (100mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Uni-Sankyo LtdRs. 5.40/TabletRs. 54save 61% more per Tablet
- Ovuclom (100mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)VHB Life Sciences LtdRs. 5.40/TabletRs. 54save 61% more per Tablet
- Mephy (100mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Lincoln PharmaceuticalsRs. 9.59/TabletRs. 95.90save 31% more per Tablet
- Maturova (100mg)(5 Tablet in Strip)Novartis India Ltd (Sandoz)Rs. 10/TabletRs. 50save 28% more per Tablet
- Folistim (100mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 10.80/TabletRs. 108save 22% more per Tablet
Can I take Clofert (100mg) during pregnancy?
The drug should not be used by pregnant women. Experiences of drug use and evidence from studies in pregnant women have shown high risk to fetus. The risk of drug use in pregnant women outweighs the benefit.