SALT INFORMATIONProgesterone(400 mg)
Recurrent miscarriage, amenorrhoea, abnormal uterine bleeding, palliative treatment of advanced, inoperable endometrial carcinoma
Urge to vomit (nausea), vomiting, diarrhea, pain in abdomen and lower abdomen, excessive gas in stomach, weight gain, fluid retention leading to swelling, tiredness, tenderness in breast, irritability, mood swings, menstrual abnormalities (absent menstruation, bleeding/spotting in between menstrual periods, increased or decreased menstrual flow), abnormal vaginal discharge, breathlessness, skin rashes and itching.
Taking progesterone with conjugated estrogen may decrease the level of estradiol. Drugs like carbamazepine, phenytoin, and rifampicin may interfere with the activity of progesterone when taken orally.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Progesterone maintains pregnancy by promoting appropriate growth of the uterine lining and supressing uterine muscle contractions. It prevents thickening of uterus lining and thereby reduces risk of developing uterus cancer.
- Gesry (400mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)Aamorb Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 17.90/CapsuleRs. 179save 45% more per Capsule
- C Hop(400mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)Corona Remedies Pvt LtdRs. 29.40/CapsuleRs. 294save 10% more per Capsule
- Profine (400mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)Aristo Pharma LtdRs. 32/CapsuleRs. 320save 2% more per Capsule
- Puregest (400mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 38.50/CapsuleRs. 385pay 18% more per Capsule
- Ets (400mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 34.94/CapsuleRs. 349.40pay 8% more per Capsule
Can I take Cygest (400mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown no risk to the fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.