SALT INFORMATIONNifedipine(5 mg)
Adjunct in GI-disorders, Myocardial infarction, Stroke.
Allergy, Hypokalemia, Hyperglycemia, Blurred vision, Hypoglycemia.
Potentiates antihypertensives. Increases the effects of neuromuscular-blocking agents and CYP1A2 substrates (e.g. theophylline, aminophylline).
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Nifedipine blocks the slow calcium channels thus preventing the flow of calcium ions into the cell. It produces peripheral and coronary vasodilatation, reduces afterload, peripheral resistance and BP, increases coronary blood flow and causes reflex tachycardia. It has little or no effect on cardiac conduction and rarely has negative inotropic activity.
- Angiblock (5mg)(30 Capsule in Strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 0.32/CapsuleRs. 9.55save 67% more per Capsule
- Nifelat (5mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)Cipla LtdRs. 0.53/CapsuleRs. 5.29save 45% more per Capsule
- Nifedipine (5mg)(50 Capsule in Strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 0.59/CapsuleRs. 29.65save 38% more per Capsule
- Depicor (5mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)Merck LtdRs. 0.86/CapsuleRs. 8.62save 10% more per Capsule
- Nicardia (5mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)J.B. Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.88/CapsuleRs. 8.83save 8% more per Capsule
Can I take Depin (5mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown risk to fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.