SALT INFORMATIONLabetalol(5 mg)
Angina, constipation and bowel evacuation, drying secretions, hypertension, hypertension following myocardial infarction, hypertensive emergencies, hypotension induction with anesthesia.
Bronchospasm, hepatic necrosis, systemic lupus erythematosus, myopathy, urinary retention, dizziness, heart failure, fatigue, headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, nasal stiffiness, weight gain, nightmares, chest pain, shortening of breath.
Labetalol is known to interact with other drugs like alprazolam, atropine (Sulphate), cimetidine (HCl), diltiazem (HCl), halothane, imipramine (HCl). Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Labetalol combines both selective, competitive, alpha-1-adrenergic blocking and nonselective, competitive, beta-adrenergic blocking activity in a single substance. Labetalol competitively block adrenergic stimulation of ?-receptors within the myocardium (?1-receptors) and within bronchial and vascular smooth muscle (?2-receptors), and ?1-receptors within vascular smooth muscle. This causes a decrease in systemic arterial blood pressure and systemic vascular resistance without a substantial reduction in resting heart rate, cardiac output, or stroke volume, apparently because of its combined ?- and ?-adrenergic blocking activity.
- Gravidol (10mg)(2 ml Powder for Injection in Vial)Mercury Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 93/Powder for InjectionRs. 93pay 102% more per Powder for Injection
- Lobesol (200mg)(40 ml Powder for Injection in Vial)Shree Ganesh Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 212/Powder for InjectionRs. 212save 77% more per Powder for Injection
- Labesol (20mg)(4 ml Powder for Injection in Vial)S G Pharma Pvt LtdRs. 212/Powder for InjectionRs. 212pay 130% more per Powder for Injection
- Evabet (20mg)(4 ml Powder for Injection in Vial)Celon Laboratories LtdRs. 230/Powder for InjectionRs. 230pay 150% more per Powder for Injection
- Hyptol (20mg)(4 ml Powder for Injection in Vial)SPM Drugs Pvt LtdRs. 250/Powder for InjectionRs. 250pay 172% more per Powder for Injection
Can I take Deslan (10mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown risk to fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.