* Bromelain is used for reducing swelling (inflammation) after surgery or injury, especially of the nose and sinuses. It is also used for hay fever, treating a bowel condition that includes swelling and ulcers (ulcerative colitis), removing dead and damaged tissue after a burn (debridement), preventing the collection of water in the lung (pulmonary edema), relaxing muscles, stimulating muscle contractions, slowing clotting, improving the absorption of antibiotics, preventing cancer, shortening labor, and helping the body to get rid of fat.
* Loose motions (diarrhea), stomach and intestinal discomfort and allergic reactions especially in people who have other allergies.
* Taking bromelain along with amoxicillin might increase the effects and side effects of amoxicillin. * Taking bromelain along with medications that slow clotting might increase the chances of bruising and bleeding and these drugs include aspirin, clopidogrel, diclofenac, ibuprofen, naproxen, dalteparin, enoxaparin, heparin, indomethacin, ticlopidine, and warfarin. * Taking bromelain along with some antibiotics called tetracyclines might increase effects and side effects of these antibiotics. * Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
* Bromelain is an enzyme obtained from pineapple juice.. It causes the body to produce substances that fight pain and swelling (inflammation). It also contains chemicals that interfere with the growth of tumor cells and slow blood clotting
* Always follow the instructions of doctor regarding the dosage and duration * Bromelain is usually given in combination with other enzymes like rutin and trypsin * Treatment of osteoarthritis: a combination product containing rutin 100 mg, trypsin 48 mg, and bromelain 90 mg, given as 2 tablets 3 times daily.
DOs and DON'Ts
* Do not start or continue the bromelain If you are allergic to pineapple, latex, wheat, celery, papain, carrot, fennel, cypress pollen, or grass pollen, bromelain. * Do not start or continue the bromelain If you are pregnant or breast feeding. * Do not use bromelain at least 2 weeks before a scheduled surgery.
* Pregnant and breastfeeding woman * People who are allergic (hypersensitive) to bromelain or any of the following: pineapple, latex, wheat, celery, papain, carrot, fennel, cypress pollen, or grass pollen * Patients who have undergone or planning to have surgery within 2 weeks
Q. Is bromelain safe?This drug is safe if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor.Q. Is bromelain safe during pregnancy or breastfeeding?Bromelain should not be used during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.Q. Is bromelain gluten free/ in pineapple? Yes. Drug is gluten free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use. Yes, pineapple contains some amount of bromelain in it.Q. Is bromelain good for gout? It is not indicated for gout, but may be used in treatment of joint pain. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.Q. Is bromelain safe to take before surgery? No, it is not safe to take before surgery. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.Q. How long can I take bromelain for?Patient should take bromelain for prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor.Q. Can I take bromelain with antibiotics/ibuprofen/prednisone/Coumadin?No, taking other medicines may alter the effects of bromelain. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.Q. Does bromelain help with weight loss/swelling/inflammation?Yes, it is used to reduce swelling, inflammation and helps with weight loss by getting rid of fat.Q. Does bromelain work?Yes, it works at prescribed dose and duration for particular disease condition as advised by your doctor.Q. Does bromelain increase blood pressure/ thin the blood?Bromelain causing these side effects is rare or uncommon. Always consult your doctor if you experience these side effects.Q. Does bromelain aid digestion?It may aid digestion by contraction of smooth muscles, but is used to treat swelling and ulcers (ulcerative colitis). Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.
* Medline Plus. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/natural/895.html
Trypsin is used to treat osteoarthritis, ulcers, wound cleansing and healing and to improve digestion.
* Common: Temporary stinging sensation. * Other side effects may include pain and burning sensation, rash, hives, itching, difficulty breathing, tightness in the chest, swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue.
Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Trypsin is an enzyme, which breaks down proteins into smaller fragments, thereby making it available for absorption into the blood. Trypsin when applied directly to wounds and ulcers removes dead tissue and improves healing.
Always follow the instructions of doctor regarding the dosage and duration * Treatment of osteoporosis: Two tablets of a combination product containing 48 mg of trypsin three times daily. * For wound healing: Combination product containing trypsin: 87 mg-788 mg-, 0.12 mg/g spray, apply topically 2 times daily or as required.
DOs and DON'Ts
* Do not apply trypsin ointment to fresh blood clots. * Avoid contact of trypsin ointment with eyes. * Do not start or continue the trypsin tablets/ointment and consult your doctor: - If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding - If you have a wound that contains fresh blood clot
Do not use trypsin if you are allergic to trypsin or any other ingredient in the product.
Q. Is trypsin an enzyme, hormone, protein, endopeptidase?Trypsin is an enzyme, a protein, an endopeptidase. Trypsin is not a hormone.Q. Is trypsin acidic or basic?Trypsin is neither acidic nor basic, it works on optimal operating pH of about 7.5-8.5.Q. Is trypsin a zymogen, lipase?Trypsin is a zymogen prior to activation. Trypsin is not a lipase.Q. Is trypsin found in the stomach? Does trypsin work in the stomach?Yes trypsin is found in and works in stomach.Q. Is trypsin harmful? Does trypsin kill cells?Trypsin is not harmful if used as recommended. Trypsin can damage the cells. In case of any side effects, consult your doctor. Q. Does trypsin digest itself? Does trypsin digest proteins? Does trypsin break down starch? Does trypsin break down fats?Trypsin digests/breaks down proteins into smaller fragments. Trypsin does not breakdown starch or fats. Trypsin can digest itself.Q. Does trypsin activate pepsinogen? Does trypsin cleave histidine?Trypsin does not activate pepsinogen. Trypsin does not cleave histidine.Q. Does trypsin require calcium?In presence of calcium trypsin remains stabilized which possess greater enzyme activity.
1. http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-879-trypsin.aspx?activeingredientid=879&activeingredientname=trypsin2. http://www.drugs.com/pro/trypsin-complex-ointment.html
Hemorrhoids, surgical anaesthesia, zollinger-ellison syndrome.
Sleepiness, dizziness, headache, vomiting, constipation, skin rashes, dry mouth, gastritis, eosinophilia.
Rutoside trihydrate is known to interact with other drugs like amiloride (HCl), ascorbic Acid, ciprofloxacin, docetaxel, gemifloxacin, hydrochlorothiazide, lomefloxacin (HCl), spironolactone, triamterene. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
- Eezflam Tab(10 Tablet in Strip)Medley Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 15/TabletRs. 150save 76% more per Tablet
- Zymoflam Forte Tab(10 Tablet in Strip)Aristo Pharma LtdRs. 23.60/TabletRs. 236save 63% more per Tablet
- Thrize Ds Tab(10 Tablet in Strip)Pharmed LtdRs. 30/TabletRs. 300save 52% more per Tablet
- Enzomac Forte(10 Tablet in Strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 30/TabletRs. 300save 52% more per Tablet
- Zymogesic Ds(10 Tablet in Strip)Meyer Organics Pvt LtdRs. 30/TabletRs. 300save 52% more per Tablet
Can I take Disperzyme during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown no risk to the fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.