SALT INFORMATIONGlipizide(5 mg)
Non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus.
Nausea, stomach upset, skin rash, acute toxicity.
Alcohol may prolong the action of glipizide by delaying the absorption and elimination of glipizide. Patients taking glipizide should keep alcohol consumption to a minimum. Cholestyramine (Questran, Questran Light) may reduce the absorption and consequently the effect of glipizide. Therefore, glipizide should be administered 1-2 hours before cholestyramine is administered.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
This medication is an oral hypoglycemic (anti-diabetic drug), prescribed for type 2 diabetes.
- G Trol Sr(5mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.15/TabletRs. 1.48save 84% more per Tablet
- Diaglip (5mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Cipla LtdRs. 0.47/TabletRs. 4.74save 47% more per Tablet
- G Trol(5mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.48/TabletRs. 4.78save 47% more per Tablet
- Diacon (5mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Bal Pharma LtdRs. 0.49/TabletRs. 4.86save 46% more per Tablet
- Glucotrol Tabs(20 Tablet in Strip)Jenburkt Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.51/TabletRs. 10.18save 43% more per Tablet
Can I take Efgy (5mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown risk to fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.
Can I take Efgy (5mg) while breastfeeding/lactation?
Can I take Efgy (5mg) with alcohol?
Since there is some doubt about the results of concurrent use in this interaction, it is advised to give some guidance to the patient about its possible adverse effects and/or consider close monitoring.