SALT INFORMATIONTelmisartan(80 mg)
Telmisartan is used to treat high blood pressure in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus and to prevent heart attack.
The common side effects are excessive lowering of blood pressure, intermittent pain and weakness of the lower limbs, skin ulcer, sore throat, inflamed sinuses, common cold, and diarrhea. You should consult your doctor immediately if you experience sepsis (blood poisoning -a severe infection with whole-body inflammatory response) and rapid swelling of the skin and mucosa.
Telmisartan may interact with other drugs including acetylsalicylic acid, amifostine, amiloride, diclofenac, digoxin, fenoprofen, flurbiprofen, ketoprofen, ketorolac, lumiracoxib, meloxicam, nabumetone, spironolactone, tiaprofenic acid, tolmetin, and trandolapril. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Telmisartan blocks the action of a substance (angiotensin II) responsible for narrowing of the blood vessels. Thus, it causes the widening of blood vessels and lowering of the blood pressure.
- Telsartan Activ(80mg)(30 Tablet in Packet)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 5.88/TabletRs. 176.50save 56% more per Tablet
- Targit (80mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Pfizer LimitedRs. 7.20/TabletRs. 72save 46% more per Tablet
- Temsan (80tablet)(10 Tablet in Strip)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 4/TabletRs. 40save 70% more per Tablet
- Stalia (80mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Wanbury LimitedRs. 8.90/TabletRs. 89save 34% more per Tablet
- Telmikind (80mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Mankind PharmaRs. 5.11/TabletRs. 51.10save 62% more per Tablet
Can I take Eritel (80mg) during pregnancy?
Experiences of drug use and evidence from studies in pregnant women have shown risk to fetus. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.