SALT INFORMATIONSildenafil(100 mg)
Sildenafil is used to treat men with inability to achieve and maintain penile erection sufficient for satisfactory sexual performance, and for the treatment of increased pressure in the blood vessels of lung (pulmonary arterial hypertension).
The common side-effects include headache, dizziness, visual disorders, facial redness and feeling of warmth (flushing), stuffy nose, and indigestion.
Sildenafil interacts with nitrates (nicorandil), amyl nitrite, doxazosin, and amlodipin and causes excessive lowering of blood pressure. Drugs interfering in drug metabolism (CYP3A4 inhibitors) such as cimetidine and erythromycin may reduce sildenafil clearance. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Sildenafil interferes with the functioning of a substance (phosphodiesterase type 5) leading to the relaxation of blood vessels in the penis, thereby increasing blood flow through the penis when sexually excited. It also widens and relaxes the blood vessels in the lung decreasing the blood pressure in the lungs.
- Sxx (100mg)(96 Tablet in Packet)Roselabs LtdRs. 5.73/TabletRs. 550save 81% more per Tablet
- Sessograh (100mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Torino Labs Pvt LtdRs. 7.20/TabletRs. 72save 77% more per Tablet
- Myagra (100mg)(80 Tablet in Packet)Jpee DrugsRs. 8/TabletRs. 640save 74% more per Tablet
- Wavegra (100mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Akums Drugs & Pharmaceuticals Ltd (Alcare)Rs. 10.40/TabletRs. 104save 66% more per Tablet
- Neogra (100mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Taj Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 18.50/TabletRs. 185save 40% more per Tablet
Can I take Erix (100mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown no risk to the fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.