SALT INFORMATIONFamotidine(40 mg)
Blood dyscrasias, hypotension, tachycardia, emesis, restlessness, dizziness, headache, diarrhea, constipation, bradycardia, jaundice, mental confusion, hypotension, renal failure.
Famotidine is known to interact with other drugs like alcohol, ketoconazole, magnesium trisilicate, probenecid, sodium diatrizoate. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Famotidine binds competitively to H2-receptors located on the basolateral membrane of the parietal cell, blocking histamine affects. This competitive inhibition results in reduced basal and nocturnal gastric acid secretion and a reduction in gastric volume, acidity, and amount of gastric acid released in response to stimuli including food, caffeine, insulin, betazole, or pentagastrin.
- Famodin (40mg)(14 Tablet in Strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 0.36/TabletRs. 5.03save 10% more per Tablet
- Topcid (40mg)(14 Tablet in Strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.36/TabletRs. 5.05save 10% more per Tablet
- Famopril (40mg)(14 Tablet in Strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 0.36/TabletRs. 5.08save 9% more per Tablet
- Famonext (40mg)(14 Tablet in Strip)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.36/TabletRs. 5.08save 9% more per Tablet
- Famotidine (40mg)(14 Tablet in Strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 0.37/TabletRs. 5.16save 8% more per Tablet
Can I take Famotidine (40mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown no risk to the fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.