SALT INFORMATIONFluconazole(150 mg)
To treat fungal infections, including yeast infections of the vagina, mouth, throat, esophagus (food pipe), abdomen, lungs, blood, and other organs. Fluconazole is also used to treat meningitis (infection of the membranes covering the brain and spine) caused by fungus.
Liver dysfunction (elevated liver enzymes), loss of appetite, jaundice, dizziness, headache, urge to vomit (nausea), vomiting, stomach pain and discomfort, rashes, itching all over the body, reddening of the skin or itchy red spots, hair loss, low potassium levels (hypokalemia), paleness in the face and low white blood cells.
Fluconazole is known to interact with other drugs like anesthetic (alfentanil), aliskiren, benzodiazepines (midazolam, triazolam alprazolam), anti-depressant (amitriptyline, nortriptyline), artesunate, pimozide, astemizole, bosentan, celecoxib, chlorpropamide, cisapride, cyclosporin A, fosphenytoin, hydrochlorothiazide, blood pressure medications (nifedipine, isradipine, amlodipine, felodipine and losartan), cholesterol lowering medicines (atorvastatin, simvastatin and fluvastatin) and antibiotics such as erythromycin. There are other drugs which may also interact with fluconazole. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Fluconazole interacts with enzymes (14-α demethylase; cytochrome P-450) and prevents the synthesis of ergosterol (an essential component of fungal cell membrane). Inhibition of ergosterol synthesis results in increased cellular permeability causing leakage of cellular contents from fungal cell and ultimately preventing the growth of fungi.
- Fluconazole (150mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)Low Cost Standard Therapeutics (Locost)Rs. 0.31/CapsuleRs. 3.10save 99% more per Capsule
- Fluneon (150mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)Neon Laboratories LtdRs. 4.26/CapsuleRs. 42.60save 83% more per Capsule
- Fumycin (150mg)(1 Capsule in Strip)Pfizer LimitedRs. 11.67/CapsuleRs. 11.67save 53% more per Capsule
- Alflucoz (150mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)Alembic Chemical Works Co LtdRs. 11.70/CapsuleRs. 117save 53% more per Capsule
- Convizole (150mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)Esquire Drug HouseRs. 9/CapsuleRs. 90save 64% more per Capsule
Can I take Flumex (150mg) during pregnancy?
Experiences of drug use and evidence from studies in pregnant women have shown risk to fetus. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.