SALT INFORMATIONFluoxetine(20 mg)
Depression, Bulimia nervosa. Obsessive compulsive disorder. Premenstrual dysmorphic disorder. Panic disorder.
Nervousness, insomnia, anxiety, headache, tremor, drowsiness, dry mouth, nausea, vomiting, sweating.
May cause transient shift in plasma conc of tightly protein bound drugs e.g. warfarin and digoxin, resulting in adverse effects. T1/2 of diazepam is prolonged.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Metabolized to norfluoxetine, fluoxetine is a selective serotonin-reuptake inhibitor (SSRI), it blocks the reuptake of serotonin at the serotonin reuptake pump of the neuronal membrane, enhancing the actions of serotonin on 5HT1A autoreceptors. SSRIs bind with significantly less affinity to histamine, acetylcholine, and norepinephrine receptors than tricyclic antidepressant drugs.
- Flunat (20mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 2.15/TabletRs. 21.50save 26% more per Tablet
- Ht (20mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 2.60/TabletRs. 26save 10% more per Tablet
- Fulnet (20mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 3.08/TabletRs. 30.80pay 6% more per Tablet
- Platin (20mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Wockhardt LtdRs. 4.49/TabletRs. 44.88pay 55% more per Tablet
- Hidac (20mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Hinglaj Laboratories Of IndiaRs. 1.20/TabletRs. 12save 59% more per Tablet
Can I take Flutop La(20mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown risk to fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.