Blastomycosis, Candidiasis, Candiduria, Chromomycosis, Chronic mucocutaneous candidiasis, Coccidloidomycosis, Histoplasmosis, Oesophageal candidiasis, orophyaryngeal candidiasis, Paracoccidloidomycosis. Chronic Vag candidiasis.
Impotence, papilloedema, androgen suppression, oligospermia, gynecomastia, dizziness, headache, nausea, vomiting, alopecia, diarrhea, abdominal pain, urticaria, pruritus, itching, thrombocytopenia, photophobia.
Ketoconazole is known to interact with other drugs like abiraterone acetate, alcohol, alfentanil (HCl), aliskiren, alprazolam, aluminium hydroxide and oxide, amphotericin B, aprepitant, artesunate, astemizole, beclomethasone (Dipropionate), bosentan, carbamazepine, cimetidine (HCl), cisapride, corticotropin, cyclosporin A, dabigatran, desonide, didanosine, docetaxel, eplerenone, erlotinib, famotidine, fexofenadine, flunisolide, indinavir (Sulphate). Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Ketoconazole interacts with 14-? demethylase, a cytochrome P-450 enzyme necessary for the conversion of lanosterol to ergosterol causes inhibition of ergosterol synthesis and increased fungal cellular permeability. Other mechanisms may involve the inhibition of endogenous respiration, interaction with membrane phospholipids, inhibition of yeast transformation to mycelial forms, inhibition of purine uptake, and impairment of triglyceride and/or phospholipid biosynthesis. Ketoconazole can also inhibit the synthesis of thromboxane and sterols such as aldosterone, cortisol, and testosterone.
- Ketazol (200mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Shalina HealthcareRs. 5.60/TabletRs. 56save 66% more per Tablet
- Finazole (200mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Khandelwal Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 5.79/TabletRs. 57.90save 65% more per Tablet
- Funazole (200mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Khandelwal Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 5.79/TabletRs. 57.90save 65% more per Tablet
- Ketoconazole (200mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Unicure India Pvt LtdRs. 6.74/TabletRs. 67.40save 59% more per Tablet
- Hitoral (200mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Synmedic LaboratoriesRs. 7.50/TabletRs. 75save 55% more per Tablet
Can I take Fungidor (200mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown risk to fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.