SALT INFORMATIONGabapentin(300 mg)
Gabapentin is used as adjuvant therapy to treat various forms of fits (epilepsy) and peripheral neuropathic pain (long-lasting pain in legs and/or arms caused by damage to the nerves due to diabetes), disease of trigeminal nerve (trigeminal neuralgia)
Viral infection, lung infection (pneumonia), respiratory infection, urinary tract infection, infection of ear (otitis media), decreased white blood count, severe skin reaction (rash, redness and swelling), stomach pain, increased or loss of appetite, flatulence (accumulation of gas in stomach and intestines), dyspepsia (indigestion), constipation, swelling of lip and tongue, dizziness, headache, drowsiness, fatigue, loss of co-ordination, anxiety, confusion, dry mouth, depression, weight gain, fits, sensation abnormality, difficulty in breathing, increased blood pressure, fever, fatigue, somnolence (drowsy state), tremor (shaking), asthenia (lack of strength), nausea and vomiting.
Gabapentin may interact with antacids containing aluminum and magnesium. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Gabapentin is thought to reduce the release of a neurotransmitter called glutamate, which acts as a natural 'nerve-exciting' agent. It treats fits by decreasing abnormal excitement in the brain. It acts on nerve cells to relieve pain by preventing the pain sensation. Glutamate is also involved in transmitting pain signals in the brain and nervous system. As gabapentin reduces the release of this neurotransmitter, it is also used to treat nerve pain.
- Gabata (300mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 11.40/CapsuleRs. 114pay 15% more per Capsule
- Gabantin (300mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 13.20/CapsuleRs. 132pay 34% more per Capsule
- Gabatol (300mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)Zeus PharmaceuticalsRs. 9.40/CapsuleRs. 94save 5% more per Capsule
- Gabalent (300mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)Talent HealthcareRs. 9.70/CapsuleRs. 97save 2% more per Capsule
- Gabatin (300mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)Neon Laboratories LtdRs. 9.80/CapsuleRs. 98save 1% more per Capsule
Can I take Gabator (300mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown risk to fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.