SALT INFORMATIONDomperidone(10 mg)
Domperidone is used to treat vomiting and urge for vomiting induced by drugs and diseases, post-meal stomach discomfort, regurgitation of stomach contents into the food-pipe, and indigestion.
Dry mouth, anxiety, headache, sleepiness, loose stool, rash, itching, increase in level of hormone prolactin in blood, painful or tender breasts, discharge from breasts, weakness, involuntary movements of lips, face, trunk, tongue,, and other parts of the body, Parkinson’s disease-like symptoms, abnormal posture such as a twisted neck, severe allergic reactions leading to swelling of hands, feet, ankles, face, lips or throat which may cause difficulty in swallowing or breathing, skin rash, fast heartbeat etc.
Ketoconazole or erythromycin can hinder domperidone's CYP3A4 mediated first pass metabolism. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Domperidone works by helping to move food faster through your food pipe, stomach and gut. This prevents food from staying in the same place for too long. It also helps stop food flowing the wrong way back up your food pipe. It also regulates vomiting and sickness.
- Domperol (10mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Ortin Laboratories LtdRs. 1.40/TabletRs. 14save 55% more per Tablet
- Normetic (10mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Lupin Laboratories LtdRs. 1.59/TabletRs. 15.90save 49% more per Tablet
- Arkadom (10mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)RPG Life Sciences Ltd (Acumed)Rs. 2/TabletRs. 20save 35% more per Tablet
- Domi (10mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Lincoln PharmaceuticalsRs. 2.14/TabletRs. 21.40save 31% more per Tablet
- Lupidom Tab(10 Tablet in Strip)Lupin Laboratories LtdRs. 2.26/TabletRs. 22.63save 27% more per Tablet
Can I take Gastrium Dt(10mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown risk to fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.