SALT INFORMATIONGatifloxacin(200 mg)
Dizziness, diarrhea, insomnia, skin rash, nausea and vomiting, abnormal LFT, abdominal discomfort, QT prolongation, hyperglycemia in diabetic patients.
Antacids, ferrous salts, bismuth subsalicylate, sucralfate and zinc salts reduce bioavailability of gatifloxacin. May increase digoxin plasma levels. Probenecid, cimetidine and loop diuretics increase gatifloxacin levels. NSAIDs may increase the risk of CNS stimulation and convulsions. Concurrent use of bepridil, cisapride, erythromycin, pentamidine, phenothiazines, or TCAs may prolong QT interval.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
The bactericidal action of Gatifloxacin results from inhibition of the enzymes topoisomerase II (DNA gyrase) and topoisomerase IV, which are required for bacterial DNA replication, transcription, repair, and recombination.
- Gf (200mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)J.B. Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1.98/TabletRs. 19.80save 48% more per Tablet
- Ecogat (200mg)(5 Tablet in Strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 3/TabletRs. 15save 21% more per Tablet
- Gatox (200mg)(5 Tablet in Strip)RPG Life Sciences Ltd (Acumed)Rs. 3.00/TabletRs. 15.01save 21% more per Tablet
- Ecogat Bcd(200mg)(5 Tablet in Strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 3.02/TabletRs. 15.10save 21% more per Tablet
- Zigat (200mg)(5 Tablet in Strip)FDC LtdRs. 3.16/TabletRs. 15.80save 17% more per Tablet
Can I take Gatsar (200mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown risk to fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.