SALT INFORMATIONGlimepiride(1 mg)
Glimepiride is used to lower the blood sugar levels in type 2 diabetes mellitus.
The common side effects are excessively low blood sugar levels, abnormal increase in liver enzymes, jaundice, problems with the bile flow, inflammation of the liver, liver failure. You should consult your doctor immediately if you experience allergic reactions such as skin rash, itching, hives and increased sensitivity to sun, difficulty in breathing, fall in blood pressure, shock, loss of consciousness, seizures or comma.
Drugs that affect the action of glimepiride by altering blood sugar level include hydrochlorothiazide, furosemide, prednisone, methylprednisolone, phenytoin, niacin, pseudoephedrine, propranolol, and atenolol. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Glimepiride increases the amount of insulin released by the pancreas, and thereby decreases the blood sugar level.
- Prides (1mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Kopran LtdRs. 0.95/TabletRs. 9.52save 34% more per Tablet
- N (1mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 0.98/TabletRs. 9.81save 32% more per Tablet
- Glimetop (1mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)RPG Life Sciences Ltd (Acumed)Rs. 1.20/TabletRs. 12save 17% more per Tablet
- Prichek (1mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Indoco Remedies LtdRs. 1.20/TabletRs. 12save 17% more per Tablet
- Ziglim (1mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)FDC LtdRs. 1.30/TabletRs. 13save 10% more per Tablet
Can I take Glimestar (1mg) during pregnancy?
Experiences of drug use and evidence from studies in pregnant women have shown risk to fetus. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.
Can I take Glimestar (1mg) while breastfeeding/lactation?
Can I take Glimestar (1mg) with alcohol?
Since there is some doubt about the results of concurrent use in this interaction, it is advised to give some guidance to the patient about its possible adverse effects and/or consider close monitoring.