SALT INFORMATIONPioglitazone(15 mg)
To control high blood glucose in type 2 diabetes mellitus
Jaundice, headache, muscle pain, sore throat (pharyngitis), inflammation of the sinus (sinusitis), reduced sense of touch or sensation (hypesthesia), eyesight problems, weight gain and bone fracture.
Drugs that are likely to affect the effect of pioglitazone are gemfibrozil, rifampicin, beta blockers, gatifloxacin, teriflunomide, leflunomide, lomitapide and mipomersen. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Pioglitazone often referred to as an "insulin sensitizer" because it acts on cells throughout the body and causes the cell to become more sensitive (more responsive) to insulin. As a result, more glucose is taken into the cells (absorbed) from the blood, and the level of glucose in the blood reduces. Pioglitazone also lowers the level of glucose in the blood by reducing the production of glucose by the liver. It also decreases triglycerides and increases the "good" (HDL) cholesterol.
- Zipio (15mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)FDC LtdRs. 1.20/TabletRs. 12save 71% more per Tablet
- Zipio Tab(10 Tablet in Strip)FDC LtdRs. 1.32/TabletRs. 13.20save 68% more per Tablet
- Piolem (15mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Alembic Chemical Works Co LtdRs. 1.80/TabletRs. 18save 56% more per Tablet
- Piocon (15mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd(Diabetes)Rs. 1.90/TabletRs. 19save 54% more per Tablet
- Glizone (15mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2.29/TabletRs. 22.90save 44% more per Tablet
Can I take Glitaris (15mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown risk to fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.
Can I take Glitaris (15mg) while breastfeeding/lactation?
Can I take Glitaris (15mg) with alcohol?
Since there is some doubt about the results of concurrent use in this interaction, it is advised to give some guidance to the patient about its possible adverse effects and/or consider close monitoring.