SALT INFORMATIONNorethisterone(5 mg)
Hepatitis, cataract, cholestatic jaundice, optic neuritis, hyperglycemia, hypertension, mental disturbances, retinal thrombosis, dizziness, fatigue, anorexia, anxiety, abdominal pain, rashes, weight Loss, depression, weight gain, elevation of liver enzymes, nausea and vomiting, edema, acne, hirsutism, breast discomfort.
Norethisterone is known to interact with other drugs like cyclosporin A, estrogens conjugated, griseofulvin, phenytoin (Na), rifampicin. These interactions are sometimes beneficial and sometimes may pose threats to life. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Norethisterone converts the endometrium from the proliferative to the secretory phase. It may also have some estrogenic, anabolic and androgenic activities. The contraceptive effects are due to negative feedback inhibition of pituitary gonadotropin, whereby it prevents ovulation.
- Primilut N(5mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 4/TabletRs. 40save 9% more per Tablet
- Amenova (5mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Bal Pharma LtdRs. 4.03/TabletRs. 40.30save 8% more per Tablet
- Prolin N(5mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Lincoln PharmaceuticalsRs. 4.14/TabletRs. 41.37save 6% more per Tablet
- Noritis (5mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 4.70/TabletRs. 47pay 7% more per Tablet
- Gynut N(5mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Cipla LtdRs. 4.90/TabletRs. 49pay 12% more per Tablet
Can I take Gynaset (5mg) during pregnancy?
The drug should not be used by pregnant women. Experiences of drug use and evidence from studies in pregnant women have shown high risk to fetus. The risk of drug use in pregnant women outweighs the benefit.