SALT INFORMATIONHydroxychloroquine(200 mg)
Rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus. Prophylaxis and treatment of malaria.
Photosensitivity, tinnitus, myopathy. Psychosis, seizures, leucopenia and rarely aplastic anaemia, hepatitis, GI upsets, dizziness, hypokalaemia, headache, pruritus, urticaria, difficulty in visual accommodation. Loss of hair, bleaching of hair pigment, bluish-black pigmentation of the mucous membranes and skin, photosensitivity, tinnitus, reduced hearing, nerve deafness, neuromyopathy, and myopathy, including cardiomyopathy.
Cimetidine may increase serum levels of hydroxychloroquine. Avoid digoxin and alcohol. Increased risk of ventricular arrhythmias when used with halofantrine. Concurrent use with mefloquine may increase the risk of convulsions.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Hydroxychloroquine is a 4-aminoquinoline antimalarial with actions similar to those of chloroquine but is mainly used in the treatment of SLE and rheumatoid arthritis. It interferes with digestive vacuole function within susceptible malarial parasites by increasing pH and interrupting with lysosomal degradation of haemoglobin thus impeding normal cell function of sensitive parasites.
- Zy Q(200mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 4.08/TabletRs. 40.75save 41% more per Tablet
- Hqtor Tab(10 Tablet in Strip)Torque Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 0.59/TabletRs. 5.92save 91% more per Tablet
- Zy Q(200mg)(30 Tablet in Packet)Zydus CadilaRs. 4.84/TabletRs. 145.13save 29% more per Tablet
- Hydrocad (200mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 5.90/TabletRs. 59save 14% more per Tablet
- Qdmrd (200mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Alembic Chemical Works Co LtdRs. 6.28/TabletRs. 62.80save 8% more per Tablet
Can I take Hcqs (200mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown risk to fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.